We were a group of six friends, who have known each other for over 55 years.We meet at least once a year(minus wives) and love the forest and its inhabitants - the tiger being our favourite animal. Hence, the trip is usually to a tiger reserve and this time we selected Bandhavgarh.
All were delighted with the visit.The rooms with bathrooms ensuite, were very clean & comfortable.We had a verandah and were surrounded by green, with the forest visible from the rooms.The staff were efficient and courteous.
The food was good and thankfully not rich or over spiced. Very similar to good 'home food'.
The safaris were well organized and we had two good and knowledgeable drivers Dhangiri & Simran.On the first day we sighted a pair of leopards and on the third day 3 tiger cubs (18 months old).Besides these sightings, we saw deer,bison, wild boar, hyenas, jackals,wild dogs and a huge variety of birds.
Will always recommend the Lodge to our friends.It is not a 5 star resort but most comfortable and enjoyable for a trip to Bandhavgarh.
We preferred the Tala zone at the park as it had better roads, was less dusty and we saw the most wildlife in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge. Access:• Jabalpur Airport (200 Km) • Khajuraho Airport (270 Km) • Umaria Railway Station (32 Km) • Kanha (280 Km)Located within walking distance of Bandhavgarh National Park’s main gate, the lodge has been developed on the theme of an Indian village, with twelve thatched double–bedded cottages around an inner courtyard. There are two separate villas with further accommodations of eight rooms. A spacious thatched dining room serving home cooked Indian food and Continental cuisines, becomes the center point of activities like campfire performances, lectures and star gazing. The estate has meadows that attract deer and fruit trees that are home to birds and butterflies. An occasional alarm call from the jungle close by alerts you to the tiger on the prowl! Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge provides a professional resident naturalist, a library with wildlife books and magazines. Laundry services and recreational activities are also available – Jungle safaris in open 4x4 vehicles, bird watching, nature or village walks, elephant camps, and visits to the weekly market local fair or village schools. Bar-be-que dinners and campfire nights with tribal dances are some of the surprises in store for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MakeMyTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandhavgarh Jungle Hotel Bandhavgarh National Park
- Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh