We were 5 adults and had stayed here for 2 nights in room nis 19 & 20. The stay started with a great reception by Mr Vijay and he then introduced us to the fantastic and interesting young man Mr Simranjit. Simran took care of virtually all things and planned our stay and the safaris. The food was just excellent and retired in the warmth of our beds, thanks to the unique idea of slipping in hot water bags under the blankets to keep the bed warm.
Simran drove us to the safari and had arranged for a lovely breakfast in the middle of the jungle. His honed skills in reading the calls perfectly helped us with our sightings of the the king... We were also led to a brief walk in the afternoon when he explained us a lot of the jungle secrets with dos and donts. All in all aexcellent young man with a lot of passion for wild life.
A special mention goes to the people handling the returant and they were just awesome. Yadav was overly caring and understood our taste and likings and prepared food to surprise us with the fascinating taste.
Met a couple of european tourists at the Lodge and spend real good time with them. Even they seemed to have fallen for the place and Mr Vijay.
All in all a lovely place, close to the Tala gate, with clean rooms, warm beds and excellent showers accompanied by 24x7 hot water.
Strongly recommended and would definitely stay them during my next visit.
Thanks Simran, Vijay and Yadav. A warm thank you to everbody else including the person who used to wake us up at 4.30 along with the tea for our safaris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge. Access:• Jabalpur Airport (200 Km) • Khajuraho Airport (270 Km) • Umaria Railway Station (32 Km) • Kanha (280 Km)Located within walking distance of Bandhavgarh National Park’s main gate, the lodge has been developed on the theme of an Indian village, with twelve thatched double–bedded cottages around an inner courtyard. There are two separate villas with further accommodations of eight rooms. A spacious thatched dining room serving home cooked Indian food and Continental cuisines, becomes the center point of activities like campfire performances, lectures and star gazing. The estate has meadows that attract deer and fruit trees that are home to birds and butterflies. An occasional alarm call from the jungle close by alerts you to the tiger on the prowl! Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge provides a professional resident naturalist, a library with wildlife books and magazines. Laundry services and recreational activities are also available – Jungle safaris in open 4x4 vehicles, bird watching, nature or village walks, elephant camps, and visits to the weekly market local fair or village schools. Bar-be-que dinners and campfire nights with tribal dances are some of the surprises in store for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MakeMyTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandhavgarh Jungle Hotel Bandhavgarh National Park
- Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh