We stayed at the Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge for 2 nights in November 2016. It was a long drive from the Jabalpur airport but the Lodge was worth it. The service from everyone at the lodge (from the person who met us at the gate to the dining room staff to our guide on the drives through the park) were all superb and we were treated really well.
We went on a total of 4 drives through the park each which took several hours. After each drive we had several hours to relax in our room or go for a drink in the main lodge common room. Our room had a nice private balcony so just staying in the room allowed us to still enjoy the views of nature.
The food served was very good and due to the very early start we would have breakfast on the top of the 4x4 inside the park.
The roads in the park are fairly rough and you get bounced around in the back of the 4x4 quite a bit so you always have to hang on. Overall a very enjoyable part of our trip to India at the Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge. Access:• Jabalpur Airport (200 Km) • Khajuraho Airport (270 Km) • Umaria Railway Station (32 Km) • Kanha (280 Km)Located within walking distance of Bandhavgarh National Park’s main gate, the lodge has been developed on the theme of an Indian village, with twelve thatched double–bedded cottages around an inner courtyard. There are two separate villas with further accommodations of eight rooms. A spacious thatched dining room serving home cooked Indian food and Continental cuisines, becomes the center point of activities like campfire performances, lectures and star gazing. The estate has meadows that attract deer and fruit trees that are home to birds and butterflies. An occasional alarm call from the jungle close by alerts you to the tiger on the prowl! Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge provides a professional resident naturalist, a library with wildlife books and magazines. Laundry services and recreational activities are also available – Jungle safaris in open 4x4 vehicles, bird watching, nature or village walks, elephant camps, and visits to the weekly market local fair or village schools. Bar-be-que dinners and campfire nights with tribal dances are some of the surprises in store for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MakeMyTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandhavgarh Jungle Hotel Bandhavgarh National Park
- Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh