I have been visiting Shirdi annually over the last four years and have always preferred staying here as the hotel is in very close proximity to the temple and has a good restaurant on site.
The standards had significantly dropped since when I visited them last year, and the hotel was apalling this year.
They would not accept reservations beforehand, and said to just come down(indicative of the state of occupancy, but if it was full on the day....they would have just apologised & asked me to get going elsewhere).
Check in and reception staff were helpful, and the bed appeared clean; but this is where all the good things end!
The Bad things:
1. Price: Rs 4000/day for a double bed & Rs 3500/day for a twin bed + taxes.
2. Rooms - Dated decor is not an issue, but the rooms were dirty! with strewn bits of soap paper on the floor; musty sofas; and a very noisy+ rickety AC; TV that does not work.
3 Bathrooms: Stained towels, the towels were originally white but now appeared yellow. Paper strewn about. Stained toilet bowl and bath. Stained greasy bathroom window with crickets and other insects coming in and out. Broken shower taps and handles
In short did not feel like using this bathroom at all....this was a big let down after charging so much money as the other luxury hotels in the area.
4. They also don't provide a rest area for your taxi driver(other hotels in the region do) and my poor taxi driver had to spend the night in his cab
I have recommended people to go here before but after this experience will not be recommending it to anyone....Infact I would suggest avoid it and find another better place....there are many around and they dont cost this much too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goradia's Lords Inn Shirdi is a 4 Star premier hotel combining luxury with serenity located on footsteps of Shri Sai Baba temple. The hotel is an ideal stay over for holiday with friends and family, transit stay on way to Pune, Mumbai, and Nashik to give a quick homage to the Shrine and even corporate business cum leisure traveler.Situated on the Off Pimpalwadi Road, the hotel offers easy access to highways and to entry and exit points. The hotel is less than 100 meters away from Shri Sai Baba temple,One Km away from bus stand and Shirdi railway station, 75 kms from Shani Shingnapur.Shirdi is a major pilgrimage as well as leisure destination and people visit the city throughout the year because of Shri Sai Baba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Yatra, ClearTrip, MakeMyTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Goradia’s Lords Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goradia’s Lords Inn Shirdi