New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Chennai
“Worst Restaurant ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Never ever visit this restaurant...I visited this along with my family and we had the worst possible experience. The food is quite pathetic and the cost does not justify the quality. The entrance to the restaurant is done up well but once inside you will notice the ambience is just about OK. The service is below average ; they got the wrong order and when they finally got us the right order the food was cold, after a point we felt there was no point in complaining further , we paid and left the restaurant unsatisfied.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank subbu090102
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Secunder
“The worst restaurant that I've EVER been to”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Awarded the best restaurant in Hyderabad? Really?! Then I'm sure hyederabad is the worst place to live in for people who like to cherish their food.

Food - Cold, tastless and bland
Staff - Arrogant.
Ambience - Bad - Old linens, fungus infested walls.
Value for money - Negative.

This place spoilt my new years. I went to this pathetic place with my family for a dinner buffet. The spread looked OK and my parents were very doubtful about the quality of the food but decided to give it a try. The food was worse than our expectations - Cold as ice and tasteless. My sister ended up eating NOTHING at all.The fruits were sour and stale and so was the ice cream being served. When we complait about the food being cold the reply we got was "You are expected to stir the food beofre serving it". If I'm supposed to do that, then why in the world are they charging me a "service tax"? To give me bland, tasteless food and an arrogant staff? We tried to speak with the manager about it, and he walked on saying it was not his problem and he could not do anything about it. One of the waiters was also horribly rude and acted like he owned the place. These people practically ruined my evening(and my new year). This place is fit only for people who have no taste buds and self respect.

I would not go back to this place even if someone paid me to have food their. This place disappointed my family and gave me such a bitter experience that we would hate to attend any restuarant started by the Biligiri Hotel group. This restaurant should surely get a visit from the food inspector. I wonder how old and stale is the food these people are serving.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank aanchaljane
Chennai
“Utsav - Diminishing quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

I have been to Utsav many times before and yesterday again with 8 of my colleauges to celebrate record sales. It was good earlier and the quality has been deminishing everytime. Sweet corn soup has more salt in it and probably very very few restaurants serve this soup like this. The server almost refused to serve onions with rotis as he was pointing at the onions that are available with venigar, on the table. It started raining suddenly and there was severe noise, since the roof has frp sheets. We did not understand for few minutes what was really happening till we realised that it is rain water noise. I wish the restaurant comes back to be original quality, as it get awards every year. Cost of food is also high.

5 Thank bsp2010
hyderabad
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best restaurant in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

Utsav is the best restaurant I have ever been to, especially the lunch buffet is excellent and affordable. Its central location is its asset. The locality is neither so rush nor isolated. Once you go there, even the doorman receives and greets you so well. The glass roof at the centre of the restaurant, where the buffet is nicely arranged, and the dim lighting through out the restaurant add to the serenity of the ambience. The staff's dress code depends on the theme of the month and they are always eager to help the customers. When we went there, they were dressed as Jai and Veeru, based on Sholay and they were serving a Punjabi lunch. They give you a welcome drink, which is a surprise, everytime you visit the restaurant. The taste of the food is so good that you cannot leave even a single dish without tasting. Whenever I dine there, I wish God has added one more pouch to my stomach!!!

1 Thank appudc
Secunderabad
“OK Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2009

Quality and ambience is awesome, but value for money is not at all affordable. Buffet should be around Rs. 175/-, but it is Rs. 350/-

• 2 of 5 bubbles