“Horrible Place!!!”
Review of Hotel Shikhar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Abu
Hotel Shikhar
Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Mount Abu
Reviewed 3 September 2013

horrible place... their is a major elctricity and wiring issue in the hotel. My IPhone charger and DSLR charger got spoiled because of the bad electric issue. 2 other guests laptops got fried due the same wiring issue.
FOod is not good and staff serving is disinterested
On the second last day of my stay there was no electricity and night some wires got burnt.. we changed 3 rooms and as soon as we would switch the light on there would be smoke.. at 1.30 in the night we were struggling to get this sorted. They dont have a bell for room service everytime you want something you have to go look for someone or walk to the main reception which was farther and some other building from the main reception

There is no infrastructure .. even the view is not great from the hotel

Next day when I complained to the manager he just laughed and was least bothered at my material loss and also discomfort from the previous night

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Andy252511
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Whenever I travel in Maharashtra, I always prefer MTDC hotels as they have the best location, travel network and price. When my friends and I decided to travel to Rajasthan, the first thought that came to our mind was RTDC. The hotel is located on a small hill, 5 mins from the main road and walking distance from the main market. The standard rooms are cheap and well kept. The staff is helpful and can arrange cheap means of transport to other places in the state. There are other better hotels in the area but I prefer the simplicity of this hotel. The online booking process is easy but their cancellation policy is very stupid. Overall I had a very good experience in this hotel and would recommend it to others as well.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are away from the restaurant and the reception but they are less crowded.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ruddin_hd
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I along with some of my fellow friends were eager to have an weekend trip near Delhi and we choose Mt. Abu. and hotel was Hotel Shikhar, literally saying service is Pathetic. Better to have food outside, because which they are providing is half cooked and we can even understand what the hell the dish is like smething boiled in water thats all.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Wilsontom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I did not expect the world out of Hotel Shikhar, but what i got was a disaster.First the location-it is quite a walk to the main market. The hotel is situated on a hill so expect to walk quite a bit. There were no shops close by even for bare essentilas( so carry your daily utilities with you).The rooms were dirty as if they had not been cleaned in ages and the trash from our room used to be dumped right outside.The restaurant was in shambles(we ordered sweet corn soup and what we got was milk with some pieces of corn). No major attraction around the hotel so you are practically left with nothing to do. Mount Abu itself is a place not worth going to.There is trash lying everywhere, locals do not know how to behave.We disliked this place so much that originally we had plans to stay there for 4 nights 5 days, but we trimmed it to just 2 nights and came back. This place is suffocating and dull. Everything is so expensive that you feel as if you are in Tokyo. People are bad and it seems that they are only interested in drinking and looting the tourists all day long. Please avoid this hotel and avoid Mount Abu. There are many better hill stations in North India than this awful,dirty and degrading place.

P.S.: Have to thank Kishore from the staff who was the only saving grace. Please ask for him. He is the only person who can make your stay(if you really have to stay in this hotel) a bit better.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SushantP83
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I had booked for a non-AC room but had to shift to marginally better AC rooms due to the poor condition of the non-AC rooms.
Room service is very poor as you'll have to ring the service bell at least five times to get the man attend to you.
I'd requested for the laundry guy to visit me, but that person did not turn up during my entire stay at the hotel.
Location wise I'd rate this as 0/10, as it is on the hill top, and it would cost about Rs. 80 to reach the market place (one way only). There are numerous hotels in the market place area which you should inquire/search before actually making the hard decision of booking at this hotel.
Do not book your sight seeing day tours from this hotel as you'll find much cheaper rates (at least by Rs. 200-300) if you walk down to the market place and visit one of the numerous travel agencies in the market place. They'll pick you up from the hotel and drop at the same place.
The reception guy is least bothered, I'd to carry my luggage downstairs, to the car while departing, as the service guy did not turn up.

Room Tip: Don't opt for this hotel unless you have a gun pointed at your head.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family