I stayed in Hotel Hillock , Mount Abu from 19th to 20th August 2012. It is one of the good hotels in Mount Abu. The asset of this hotel is its people with a cool nature and helping attitude . The positives for this hotel are:-
1. Good staff.
2. A very prompt service, both in room as well as in restaurant .
3. Tasty food with homely touch. Unlike 5 or 7 star hotels where food looks gorgeous but doesn't taste great.
4.Hotel interior decor is something that is worth an appreciation . One must go on all the floors to see it. Don't use elevator , just enjoy walking down or up the stairway.
5. Hotel hygiene is quite good.
6. The kids' play area and the garden in the front with running water fall.
7. Its pool side garden . You may enjoy your breakfast here. Though I have a disappointment about pool that I have mentioned later in the review.
8.Rooms are cosy and comfortable. I chose a Super Deluxe room ( Room no. 303). It had glass window in washroom covered by movable curtain. My kid enjoyed playing with it.
9.Mr. Thakri in restaurant requires special mention . He is very sober and calm. He was very helpful in suggesting good food. He also treated us very well. Finally he suggested to go for brownie with vanilla ice cream . I must say it was amazing delight.
1. Restaurant napkin size to be larger. It just slips from your legs.
2. Individual table mats should be used for guest to place cutlery comfortably when he/she needs to go for next serving.
3. Plates to be promptly cleared as soon as guest is through with them.
4. Staff to be advised for not handling breads with hands while serving .
5. The music should be very light . Shouldn't sound like marriage party.
6. The front garden should have at least two or three staff to ensure safety of kids and others. We found that it was not manned by anyone at 10 pm. As there is a nullah kind of thing, kids may run into the same if not supervised.
7. Advise boys to come with a wiping cloth , to clean the table ,when they come to clear plates in the room.
8. The first floor restaurant prepares dosa/ parathas on order. However due to lack of proper exhaust , the smoke fills the air inside.
9. We were disappointed to find that our room was not locked after we returned from day's trip. This is certainly not acceptable.
10. Pool is closed by 6 pm . This is certainly early when day light is available till 7 pm and beyond . Typically when you are back from tiring day's trip, you would like to relax in pool for a while.THIS THING WAS MOST DISAPPOINTING.
Overall I had a happy stay at Hillock and would certainly recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mount Abu by far the best address of the hospitality industry, HOTEL HILLOCK is the benchmark hotel. Pioneer in the hotel line in Mount Abu, with an experience of fifty years behind us, we are indeed a home away from home, because we do care for you. Located very near to the main market, Nakki Lake & bus stand, Hotel Hillock is the town's pride. Hotel Hillock is eco friendly, tucked into the lap carefully preserved surroundings. Surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens, HOTEL HILLOCK welcomes you in the spacious lobby with its dancing fountains whispering cascades & soft music. Besides having a well stocked bar, a multi cuisine restaurant, a cosy coffee shop, conference hall and swimming pool, we have a souvenir shop. Amenities: travel desk, safe deposit vault, doctor on call, massage, laundry & postal services, car rental & sight shine, horse riding on demand, trekking in the jungle can also be arranged, picnics & outdoor parties are arranged on demand, comfortable free arrangements for drivers. Parking: safe & spacious valet parking (locked at night). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ClearTrip, Yatra, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Hotel Hillock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillock Mount Abu
- Hotel Hillock Mount Abu, Rajasthan