Just returned from a fortnights holidays at the Marni Village in Koutouloufari, Crete. Had a great holiday but have to be honest in saying disappointed after reading reviews before we went.
We requested a quiet room as we use the balcony a lot and like to remain private. Unfortunately on arrival we were allocated 2 superior studios right opposite the reception on the access road into the Marni Village. No privacy whatsoever! Everyone coming and going passed by us. Taxis turned round outside the reception day and night so this was right outside the studios. This combined with the noise from Quad bikes and scooters all day and most of the night, along with the noise from any new arrivals dragging their cases past out doors made the location from our point of view certainly not the best. When we complained we were told nothing else was available but we would receive our money back if we wanted to move out! Just what you need when you arrive on holiday in the height of season! We didn't find the reception staff friendly at all, probably due to the fact we had complained.
We also found that there were groups of youngsters, mainly lads in their 20's, are now using this property and they did tend to dominate the pool and create lots of noise on an evening. It seems to be moving away from the family theme!
Sunbeds do need replacing and shortage of sunbeds and umbrellas was an issue unless you were about at 8-8:30 to reserve some!
We were surprised how few English people were staying whilst we were there. Certainly no one for our 2 teenage Daughters to mix with. This appeared to be the same even in Hersonisos. Mainly Irish and Dutch.
Koutouloufari is a fabulous place and eating out a delight. Galini's is a must and the Roustico nearly as good. Nice place to have a relaxing drink later on is Vinnies. Whole village delightful with everything you could want apart from Nightclubs.
These are however an abundance in Hersonisos along with cocktail bars galore.
All in all Marni Village not one of our favourite places but would recommend it if stopping in the new part as much nicer up there (if you don't mind hills). Whole area is very hilly so not for the unfit, infirm, or disabled! Does however keep you fit especially the walk to Hersonisos and back!!
Will definately return to Koutouloufari but not sure about the Marni Village!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Hotels.com so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete
- Marni Village Koutouloufari, Crete