1,313 results
All reviewsmain poolmiddle poollower poolnext yearpool barstar beachsteep hillminute walklovely complexone bedroom apartmentfantastic holidayjunior suiteair contaxi ridecleaned every daygreek nightsmall supermarket
Reviewed 26 September 2008

It was a great experience.

Pro:
Very Nice Appartments, expecially the Junior Suites, which are newly built. It's worth the little extra money (5 euro/day)
Pools and the sorrundings are excellent.

Contra:

The location has an excellent wiev, but the beach and the bus station is down the city.
So you need to climb up to the hotel by feet every evening (approx. 10-15 minutes) , or you have to rent a cheap car or scooter, to get there comfortably.
Car Rental companies, like Blue Sea can "ship" your rented car to the reception thogh...

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Haga74
Reviewed 15 August 2008

My family travelled to Marni Village in June for the second year in a row and again we loved the place!!

We stayed there last year for the first time and as soon as we came home we booked to go back again this year!!

The place is spotless, the staff are fantastic, the food is great and the location is ideal if you want a relaxing holiday, but close enough to the busier areas that you can walk there if you want to.

I can't say enough good things about this place, and I reckon that we will be back again next year!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Soupy17
Reviewed 18 July 2008

My partner and I have just returned from a week trip at the Marni Village. We loved it. We were in a junior suite, set in the newly built area. The suite was spacious, well equipped, the balcony was overlooking the nice and quiet swimming pool as well as the bay of Hersonissos. Room was really clean and all the needed appliances were there (Fridge, hob, pans, plates, iron...)

We fell the size of the resort was perfect, although we were glad we stayed in the new area, as the older part of the village didn't look as appealing. Location wise, it is perfect if you want to explore eastern Crete (Malia, Elounda, Ag. Nikolaos...). Set on top of a hill overlooking the bay, you get the advantages of Hersonissos without the inconvenients (Hersonissos is not particularly attractive, it's mostly a place to go out drinking, clubbing...). The complex is actually located near the small village of Kouloutoufari, which is very typical, and where you can find some good restaurants , reasonably priced.

If you stay at Marni, I strongly recommand to rent a car (which I think is best anyway to explore Crete). For your information, we paid 144 Euros for 1 week rental for a 5 doors car. The road down to Hersonissos is steep, and walking can be a nightmare, especially if the sun is out !

Overall, great place to stay, good prices (399 Euros for a week in July for a larger than average room /studio), ideal location, good service.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvain-London
Reviewed 15 July 2008

I had never heard of Koutouloufari in Crete before but the reviews of the place were all great so we thought we'd give it a try for a cheap week in May.
We paid £230 each to stay at Marni Village with Thomas Cook.

The hotel itself is quite large, has apartments, villa's, luxury villa's with private pool's if you wanted to bring all the family.
The staff are lovely and friendly and nothing is a bother to them. Reception are all helpful and speak great English, even the security.
We had a very big apartment just for 2 of us, there werent many people in the hotel as it was only the 1st week of season. I'd say there were only 9 or 10 rooms being used.
Was great becos you could get a lounger wherever you wanted around the pool every day, weather was divine. Pool was nice.
Pool bar meals were nice, basic but nice, burgers, chips, salad etc. Only £2 or £3.

Beds were clean and nice and maids came in EVERY day, was great. Rep said they wouldnt attend one day as they got a day off but they did come 7 days.
Bathroom was very small and in need of an update but we all know Greek showers are never the best in the world. Hold the shower head and have a hole in the floor that never holds a ll the water etc.
The water did run out the bathroom door into the lounge which was a pain but wasnt letting it get to me, just put a towel down.
Had a nice balcony with patio set overlooking the gardens and pool.
Had nice crockery and cutlery, even a toaster and a microwave and a steam iron!

Views from bedroom and lounger overlooked the calm blue sea which was idyllic.

Koutouloufari itself is a lovely, lovely place, cant wait to go back.
Its a smallish village with lots of little bars/tavernas, some with only 6 tables but are so quaint and I just loved it. The people are so nice and welcoming. All the restaurants we went to were great, Rustico, Emmanuels, Diamades, Esperos.
There are some lovely bars, Vinnies Garden, Fabrica, Cafe Greco.

Great hotel and great resort. Get yourself there!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine B
Reviewed 18 June 2008

This was the third time we had stayed at the Marni Village and it was just like visiting old friends.The location is excellent.Wonderful views out to the sea and the old villages are a dream to explore. You are still able to walk down to the main resort of Hersonnisos in about 30minutes if you wish to sample a more modern resort. Even though I have mobility problems I have found this hotel to be accomodating of my needs. The appartments are well fitted,clean and comfortable and the staff do everything they can to ensure the success of your holiday.I have just booked to go back in September and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple