1,324 results
All reviewsmain poolmiddle poollower poolnext yearpool barstar beachsteep hillminute walklovely complexone bedroom apartmentfantastic holidayjunior suiteair contaxi rideevery other daygreek nightsmall supermarket
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed here for one week in September, booking directly with Marni Village to take advantage of the offer of free air-con. I originally booked a junior suite but having read some reviews that they were up a very steep hill I contacted Marni Village to request a room a little further down the complex. Dimitris very kindly amended my booking to a superior one-bedroomed apartment at the lower end of the complex. We arrived around 10pm having arranged a transfer from the airport directly with the hotel (recommend doing this, it only took 20 mins to get there). Check in was fast and we were shown to our apartment (No 109, the one with Marni Village written on the side of it in big letters!) which was very spacious with a nice bathroom with enclosed shower cubicle. The next day we awoke to a fantastic unobscured view from the large balcony of the sea and also the lower pool which was just steps away from us - we were very pleased and could not have wished for a better room.
As others have said, location was great, across the road is a small supermarket and bakery and there are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance - the nearer you get towards Piskopiano the cheaper the prices seem to get but the more you get hassled by the restaurants.
We walked to Hersonissos, took about 15 minutes, then walked all along the resort as far as where the boat trips departed. Had lunch then walked back - I had read that you really need to get a taxi as it is steep coming back but we didn't feel the need, the walk back was fine (we are used to hills in Wales).
We hired a car for 2 days with Orion in the village and visited Knossos and Plaka/Spinalonga. Kept getting lost as the road signs were all in Greek but it was preferable to doing organised coach trips.
We used the pool area at the bottom of the complex as it was right next to our apartment and was nice and quiet, no problems getting sunbeds, you are not allowed to put towels on them before 9am which was a good thing and people stuck to it. The only thing was the bar did not open until 12.30 each day by which time we were getting thirsty, perhaps 11am would be a more appropriate time considering how hot it was.
All in all we had a lovely time but a week was probably enough, although now I am back home in rainy Wales I wish I was back there!

1  Thank Helen007
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have just returned from a 10 night stay at Marni Village with my boyfriend- and we are both still in amazement at the value for money this accommodation offers, and the quality of the rooms and the facilities, considering the star rating of the complex and again, for the money. Unusually, the pictures on the website are actually a true representation of what we found upon arrival!

I researched this holiday extensively, and was so keen to find somewhere that we could afford, but still enjoy and had looked at lots of alternatives locally and further afield - I am so pleased that I trusted previous reviews and chose Marni Village. Although I cannot comment on the interior or the service of any other establishment I did speak to a couple of other tourists staying in Koutouloufari and it seems that they were not quite so satisfied as we were with their choice, most of them saying that they feel disappointed with what they had been offered for the money they had paid.

The reception staff were always helpful, and really knowledgeable about all the excursions around the area. I even booked a trip on a boat and then unexpectedly had to cancel it, which might have been a problem or embarrassing elsewhere, but the lady was very understanding and dealt with it without any issues. I think her name was Oxana, but sorry if the spelling is wrong!

We had a standard studio room, which was clean and had everything necessary for us to live comfortably for the whole holiday. We used the kitchen area more than I had anticipated due to how nice the area outside our room was, with the table and chairs and a view of the gardens and even some sea from the ground floor. The gardens are very well maintained, the rooms are serviced daily and the bed linen and towels are changed just as frequently. All three pools are surrounded by loungers and are bright and clean, we arrived on 6th September so whilst not high season, I was still anticipating a little trouble in finding a spot around the pool, but this was never the case. It was a relaxed atmosphere, and there were a few children (we intentionally avoided UK school holidays) but those who were there were very well behaved, and it made for a lovely place to read a book, have a swim and have the odd meal.

The menu at the main pool bar is just what you would expect- with snacks and full meals, including something to suit every taste. I really enjoyed the dolmades in particular and had a lovely savoury crepe there too. There were Greek options, Dutch specialties, pizza/pasta and the usual burgers/hot dogs/chips on offer as well as other bits. Those working at the pool bar were always really friendly (and patient, considering how indecisive I was with cocktails!) and always had a smile, from early in the morning to late at night.

I found the location of the complex to be ideal, the village was picturesque and quaint, the views from (and all the food at) the local restaurants were lovely and the distance to the seafront town area was perfect. It was a 10 minute stroll down the hill, and probably a 15 minute hike back up it- we sometimes walked and sometimes took a taxi, but it really is every bit as steep as it’s reported to be- so at midday or in a rush, I would opt for the taxi at €6-7. The rooms were quiet at night, and there were no problems with anything that I can think of. I had such a great time, and for the first time will be hopefully returning to the same place more than once. We’ve even discussed making this a regular September trip (dependant on the availability of rooms at Marni!), as it’s so affordable and we had such an unexpectedly brilliant time.

Room Tip: We asked for a high room with a balcony/sea view, but ended up on the ground floor (this wasn't guaranteed as we didn't book directly, so was only indicated as a preference) however the view was still great and we could see the sea anyway! It meant less stairs, so I wouldn't be disappointed with either next time.
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have just come back from 2 weeks at the lovely Marni Village with my boyfriend (we are 19 and 22) and had a fantastic time!

We booked a Maisonette via the Marni website to take advantage of the free air-con offer (which was definitely worth it) Unfortunately, we weren't completely happy with the room as we had requested pool/sea view and didn't get one. This was sorted straight away and we were moved into another maisonette (505) the following day which was lovely!

Room- Very spacious for two people, equipped with everything you needed, however we ate out most of the time. The maid's came regularly and the room was very clean and tidy! It also didn't get too hot even when the air con was off which was a bonus.

Marni Village - The complex as a whole is very well kept, with lovely gardens and a good view of the sea. We spent most of our time in the main pool bar which has a big pool which you can still stand up in and a children's pool. Due to the time of year there wasn't that many children about however I could imagine that it would be much livelier in the summer months! Very good atmosphere and everyone at the pool bar is very pleasant and the food is yummy too (not to mention an ice cold beer in the afternoon :D

Koutouloufari- A lovely little village with lots and lots of different restaurants - I will be reviewing these separately but advice would be to go to the ones which are busy - they're busy for a reason! You will also find quaint little shops and bars and the closer minimarket has better value for money however has a smaller selection than the larger supermarket.

Overall, had a fantastic holiday and would recommend to anyone as there is a range of ages and everyone is very friendly! We visitied the town Hersonissos a few times but found that they were very pushy to get you into places whilst it's much more relaxed in Koutouloufari.

Thank you Marni Village for a great holiday - just a little depressed to be back in rainy England now :(

Room Tip: Choose a maisonette - it's lovely and not much more in price!
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Spent 2 weeks at the begining of June this year.
We were 2 couples in dif apartments.
my only downfall about the Marni is our room was very dark and dated.
dont get me wrong it was not bad but i would have liked more light.
the other couples apartment was beside the reception and it was lovely and bright with great views.
We used the main pool which was good but we liked the pool at the bottom of the site but that was just our preference.
The food was spot on but the drinks were a bit on the pricey side.
Cant complain aboutthe maids service as they were in the room everyday and the bedding was changed on a daily basis bar one day.
Didnt use the air conditioning but wish i had on some nights lol.
the village of Koutouloufari is a great place to eat and drink which is only a matter of a 100 yards away.
all in all we had a great time at the Marni.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Just back from 2 weeks in marni. Had a great time. Lovely staff in the bar special mention for Manos, excellent barman and always serves you with a smile. The place was kept exceptionally clean, our room was cleaned every day, towels and sheets every second day. The location for us was just perfect, near all the good restaurants and a nice walk down to the centre. We had a 1 bed studio and for us it was perfect very well equipped. The entertainment was very good, we saw the brazilian dancers and also the "around the world" dancers which were top class. Our only negative thing of the entire holiday was on check out we were asked to pay for our safe rental again as they had no record of the 1st payment (we had already paid on the 1st day we landed) we were a bit annoyed but it wouldnt stop us going back, only next time we will get a receipt.

2  Thank DeeJohn12