I visited Marni Village in Crete at the end of April for a cheap getaway. The weather was fabulous, the views were wonderful the location was nice it was high up not in the main part of Hersonissos, although most of the activity is based down there (which is ideal if you are younger and into clubs and shopping). This however can be a problem its about a 20 minute hike down the hill and even harder to come back up. Having said that there are 3 little villages to the right of Marni they are Koutouloufari, Piskopiano and old Hersonissos so you dont have to go down there if you dont want to. There are lots of eateries in these villages. Be prepared to spend about 20 Euros for a meal including a drink.
The accomodation was a one bedroomed apartment, this was basic but clean, the bed is a concrete base and this can be a little uncomfortable after a while. The main pet hate was the shower it was ridiculous, the curtain was constantly touching you as this is on a wire that moves from side to side and the curtain collapses and the shower cubicle if you can call it that was only a few inches from the floor so you constantly soaked the whole of the bathroom. I wouldn't have minded if this was a wet room! There are shower blocks in the reception that you can use and these are a lot better. The rest of the apartment was nice had usual stuff like kettle, fridge 2 ring cooker and oven/grill the bathroom had an hairdryer too and most of them face the seaview and have a balcony. There is air conditioning(you have to pay for this)There are about 3 swimming pools which are nice.There is a little shop a few metres down the road for water etc and a bakery.
Most of the one bedrooms are located close to the entrance of Marni which are ideal if you have problems with hills, bare this in mind this is built on a hill so not so good for people who struggle with walking, maybe request a room near to the roadside at the entrance!
Car hire was good I went to a man just passed the laundrette going down the hill to Hersonissos. I hired a car for 5 days for about 100 Euros. Roads are nice and straight never had any problem with mad drivers, a must see is Agios Nikolas takes about 30 mins by car,there is a lake that you can sit around to eat and the beach and a few shops too. All in all this was a good trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete
- Marni Village Koutouloufari, Crete