“Best mousakka”

The Alchemist
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Koutouloufari in Hersonissos, in this beautiful traditional village, the Alchemist awaits you. Stone, wood, light, and a green scenery blend to form a casual decor. Enjoy selected dishes of the Cretan cuisine. Grilled meat, a wide variety of appetizers, fresh seafood, and sophisticated cocktails. Taste the beef stew or the lamb. Complement your meal with cold beer or Cretan wine. Finally try a homemade dessert. Human smiles will fulfill the integrity of the site and the excellence of flavors.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here and had the marinated anchovies and mousakka one of my favourite meals. The orange pie (complimentary) was the best I had tasted soaked in citrusy honey syrup. ❤️❤️❤️

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very good food, great staff and service. Lots of vegi options.
Free bread, dips, cake and shots!!
The restaurant is on two floors. It is busy so I would recommend booking.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our trip here. Really nice food and wine. Staff were friendly and lots of fun. Would return again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

In contrast to many restaurants in the area, the menu is much simpler and benefits from this. With fewer dishes on offer the quality is better for it. Enjoyed our meal and although not typically Greek washed it down with a litre of delicious sangria. Staff were friendly and the free cake at the end is a lovely touch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having again paid the Village of Koutouloufari a Visit during our Holiday,the Visit would not be complete without taking a Meal at the Alchemist, a Good Family Run Restaurant with Good Food and a really Friendly Atmosphere.On my last visit here I found it to be not as Good as before,but this was not to be the case this time as the quality of Food was again back to what we had become used to.For Starters whilst my other half had the Tsatsiki Dip and Breads,I chose to have the Mushrooms.Both were as expected and set us on our way for our Mains.My other half ordered the Lamb Chops,whilst I ordered the T-Bone Veal Steak with all the Trimmings.Food was Good and so was the Service, and this was all washed down with Complimentary Mamma,s Orange Cake and Cream along with the Usual Small Jug of Raki for Good Measure. Michaelis,Kostas and Mamma are all so Friendly and always Welcome New and Old Customers alike.They also have a Rooftop Setting too should you be lucky enough to be Seated on the Upper Level,which to be Fair may be Best to Book in Advance.Worth a Visit if in the Area.!!