2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$144
Agoda.com$144
StayForLong
All reviews canal view bird sanctuary the cottages vembanad lake swimming pool kerala tourism watch tower backwater resort room service migratory birds boat ride excellent property excellent view natural beauty ala carte peaceful stay god's own country
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2022

Lovely place and great resort for a nice break with your family. The huts were really nice and the resort was super neat. If you love to do morning walks please do not forget to pack your shoes and track pants as there are these roads inside the resorts and the fresh morning air really refreshes your walk.
About food, I believe they can improve and felt the buffets were over prized, and hence we all went outside to have lunch and dinner. The swimming pool is very neat and clean and my daughter never came out of the kids pool. You will not find a helper around for towel, and will have to fetch for him.
Overall I would say it’s a great place filled with lot of trees around, and kids will have a great fun

Date of stay: October 2022
Waterscapes Kumarakom, General Manager at Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2022

It was a delight to read your review on this travel forum. We are happy to learn that your expectations were met and we were able to curate a wonderful experience. The points you noted for improvement will be taken care with at most importance .We wish to welcome you back again and look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 2 November 2022 via mobile

Waterscrapes is definitely a go to place in Kumarakom. Excellent location surrounded by lush green and beautiful lake. The property is very well maintained and we didn't experience anything negetive. The cost was also reasonable comparing to other luxury resorts.

Well done KTDC, you changed our perceptionbon Govt properties.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

At the outset kindly accept our sincere gratitude . We appreciate your kind gesture of taking out time to review our services on this platform. Happy to read your review and your appreciation of your recent stay experience. My team and I are delighted to know of your positive comments. Comments such as yours motivate us to walk that extra mile to ensure the expectations of traveler such as yourself are met and exceeded. Thank you once again for recommending the hotel. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 28 October 2022

I booked a canal view room for my family through MMT. I called in advance to check about the boating facilities available in one of the numbers provided. I was assured that for resort guests no need to book in advance and the boating was complimentary. Turned out none of it is true - couldn't do the boating (motor boat only, no house boat) as it was already booked out for the day by other guests. Only the paddle boats are complimentary which is limited to the resort canals. Not a great way to start.
Other than this incident, my experience with the resort and it's staff were quite satisfactory. The area is quite big, and you can call the buggies if you need. Swimming pool is well maintained, my daughter used it to full extent. Room was nice and clean, with the required dental and shaving kits. You can take a morning walk in bird sanctuary trail (1.5km one-way), though we couldn't spot too many birds.
Food was a mixed bag. Complimentary evening snacks were not as per our taste buds (there was only one item, forgot the name). Dinner non-veg items were also mediocre, veg was good though. Breakfast was comparatively better.
Must mention the staffs who was super helpful throughout, though had minor issues with English at times. All in all, I feel it's quite VFM among the luxury resorts on Vembanand.

Date of stay: October 2022

We sincerely apologize for the lapse in service which happened initially it is not a reflection of the hospitality that we delight our guests with. Your points have been noted and addressed with the highest importance it deserves. Happy to know that other than initial experience you had you were very happy with the stay with us. Suggestions you made will be taken care with at most importance . Welcoming back to our property once again

Reviewed 24 October 2022 via mobile

I had selected the superior Lakeview cottage. It had a great view to the backwaters as promised. The staff was very cordial and friendly. The food was delicious and the buffet had great options. As it was not the time of the year when migratory birds visit the adjacent bird sanctuary, the complementary visit to the sanctuary only provided an opportunity to have a long walk through a narrow path between trees and small water bodies. The one hour motor boat ride offered at a nominal rate was good.
Overall, I will recommend KTDC waterscapes to anyone who would like to spend a day or two away from the buzz of the city and have a peaceful time with an excellent view.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Waterscapes Kumarakom, General Manager at Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2022

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor on your experience at KTDC Waterscapes. It is our sincere endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and we are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your appreciation has been shared with my team and we are motivated to strive for excellence. We have noted your feedback on the Resort and other services and thank you for your valuable feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to KTDC Waterscapes.

Reviewed 24 October 2022

I went with my family and had booked three rooms. Check-in time was 1 PM but we reached around 11.30 am but they allowed to check-in early without any issues. Property is extremely beautiful and well maintained. Bird sanctuary is nearby. There are lot of house boating options near the resort. They provide activities like cycling, motor boat etc. There is no additional cost for cycling. Motor boat is also very reasonable. Staff's are well behaved. Food price is reasonable but they should probably add few more options and if they have lot of bookings they only provide buffet option for lunch/dinner. The best part of this resort is the swimming pool. They have seperate pools for kids and adults. Pool is extremely clean and well maintained. They also provide complimentary tea and snacks in the evening. Overall it was a great experience.

Date of stay: October 2022

Thank you for your review and your compliments are greatly appreciated. It gives me immense pleasure to be recognized for the efforts put in by my team and I thank you for commending them.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for giving us an opportunity to have you as our guest. Suggestion on Restaurant food options will be taken care with utmost importance .

I wish you and your families continued safety and thank you for your continued support and patronage