KTDC Waterscapes is located on the shores of Lake Vembanad located close to the Kumarakom bird sanctuary. The location of the backwater resort is picturesque & close to nature. The resort is well laid out; a long road from the main entrance gate takes you to the reception area & then the long array of cottages which are spread across a huge piece of land covered by canal's, trees & backwater channels. All rooms are wooden cottages which are built on platforms & are independant which offers good privacy.
We had booked online hence check-in was very quick & within a matter of minutes we were at our cottage. The rooms are quite okay in size & pretty clean though the resort management should do more maintenance work. However, since the rates charged are quite reasonable you can live with it. The restaurant is okay with pretty decent food but with very limited choice. The resort does not have a bar and / or lounge etc, only a beer parlour which remains shut most of the time - Only beer is available here, so if you feel like havin a drink n 'relaxing' this is not the place for you. You can chose your own buffet plan of any 2 meals in a day.
Remember this is not a luxury resort; if a close to nature feel with decent facilities is all what you are looking for then this is the place for you. The hotel staff are friendly, overall the resort is nice though it could be much better with some maintenance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterscapes - this exotic backwater resort, on the shores of Vembanad Lake is located inside the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, which draws migratory birds from as far away as Siberia. The only resort in the destination located inside the bird sanctuary and is noted for its independent huts that stand on stilts and is a place teeming with mangrove vegetation. It offers its guests uninterrupted access to the backwater life of Kumarakom. It is also an interesting location for eco tourists who are interested in mangrove ecosystem, birds related ecosystem. The property is part of the original Kavanattinkara estate once owned by Alfred George Baker. It is also widely popular among the "honeymooners". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelGuru, Yatra, MakeMyTrip and Hotels.com so you can book your Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterscapes Ktdc Backwater Hotel Kumarakom
- Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort Kumarakom, Kerala