Entrance of KTDC, itself is good.... Long road... Green trees on both sides welcomes you. :)
We stayed here for one day. Ours was canal view room. As like other canal-view rooms, ours was not at any corner. But it was just behind lake view rooms, in the center.
Nice place... Different resort. Here greenery is natural. Not like well maintained lawns. We felt like we are in some real part of the nature.
Rooms are very spacious, clean bath rooms. No problem with A/C, phones or with TV.
Sun set view was amazing. It doesn't matters, which room you are in... Sit at edge of the lake, enjoy the beauty...
Your day will start with birds music.
In the evening , they had arranged Bharatha naatya performance.
They say its a buffet . But there is no much option. We felt it was okay okay. But not excellent . Actually it is slightly over priced. But for other good things, can compromise with this.
Things to do :
There is no much option do in KTDC. And we felt, we don't anything else. Just sit and relax. Enjoy the time.
Kumarakom is same as alappuzha. A back water place . You can go for boating on hourly bases or house boats are also available.
Bird sanctuary is situated next to KTDC. Its not a big one. As morning walk, we went there. Very few birds are there. Here trees are very tall and big. So, we were listening the birds chirping . But its tough to search the birds between that greenery. :)
Here everything is there. Just need to maintain properly.
Actually lake water itself is pumped inside to make it more natural. But it is tough to maintain. Even though they have some motor to clean the water and pump inside. It stinks at some corner places. It needs continuous cleaning.
Visit once, enjoy the time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterscapes - this exotic backwater resort, on the shores of Vembanad Lake is located inside the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, which draws migratory birds from as far away as Siberia. The only resort in the destination located inside the bird sanctuary and is noted for its independent huts that stand on stilts and is a place teeming with mangrove vegetation. It offers its guests uninterrupted access to the backwater life of Kumarakom. It is also an interesting location for eco tourists who are interested in mangrove ecosystem, birds related ecosystem. The property is part of the original Kavanattinkara estate once owned by Alfred George Baker. It is also widely popular among the "honeymooners". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelGuru and ClearTrip so you can book your Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterscapes Ktdc Backwater Hotel Kumarakom
- Waterscapes KTDC Backwater Resort Kumarakom, Kerala