See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 October 2017

comfortable rooms and nice quite location. It's 10-12 kms from kumarakom but if you want to experience real backwater boat ride with local villagers than this is the place you should stay at. Oh, And Mr. wilson is really helpful person, i had best 'Appum' for breakfast ever.

Room Tip: It's a Homestay so all rooms are almost similar.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2017

We had a great stay at Riverville... a beautiful private home owned by Wilson. Our spotlessly clean bedroom and bathroom were large, modern and very well equipped with good wifi, air conditioning, great walk in shower and balcony. What made our stay more special is the hospitality of the family. Wilson and Vivek made us feel like we were part of the family.
The property is very close to the river and paddy fields where one can cycle around on a bike (offered to us free of charge) to watch the sunset.
Thank you Wilson and Vivek for your hospitality! This was a visit to remember!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Riverville, Owner at RiverVille Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Thank you for the excellent review. We enjoyed your company more than you enjoyed your stay here. You were such an interesting person that I lost track of time while talking to you.Thanks for your patronage and please accept our kind regards.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

I was fortunate enough to visit River Ville Homestay at Kanjiram near Kumarakom.This was my first home stay and our family of 3 had a great time.Mr Wilson and Mrs Wilson are lovely people and they ensured a very comfortable stay which I felt like my second home.Mr.Wilson was ever helpful in providing local transportation and showed the courtesy of picking us up from the Kanjiram boat jetty ,when we arrived very late after our boat trip to Allepey.He suggested various local sightseeing options as well.The home made breakfast and lunch was absolutely superb.Given a chance ,I would like to visit the place again.

Room Tip: All rroms are on the first floor.Prefer road facing rooms
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the superb review!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Wilson, Meena and Vivek were already on track for a five star review with their immaculate, spacious and comfortable home. Our spotlessly clean bedroom and bathroom were large, modern and very well equipped with good wifi, air conditioning, great walk in shower and balcony. Attention to detail and food at breakfast and dinner were great. However, we must add another 5 stars for the exceptional care and help they gave us when I unfortunately tripped and broke my wrist near near the house. Wilson and Vivek pulled out all the stops to take me to a very good hospital and stayed with me to help with all the paperwork and treatment. It would have been very difficult without them. And Vivek drove me back the next day for follow up and chauffeured us to our postponed sunset boat trip. The whole family really went out of their way to help me, Wilson dropped us at the railway station when we left and he has kept in touch on a regular basis to check on my progress. My heroes.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Riverville, Owner at RiverVille Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Thank you Sheila and Steve for the Big review. We did only things that anyone in our place would do. That was the minimum we could do in a bad situation.Please accept our hearty regards

Reviewed 6 February 2017

We really had a great time staying at the RiverVille Homestay. The owner and his family are super friendly and very helpful. The owner organized a backwater boat tour and send us to the ferry terminal the following day. He actually suggested to take the ferry to Alleppey instead of taking a taxi. It was one of our best experiences on our journey. The food was very delicious and we were even able to choose what we would like to have. The location of the villa is very quite close to a river and also quite close to the paddy fields. I can only recommend to watch the sunrise there. We would love to come back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple