All reviews small boat swimming pool vembanad lake coco bay boat ride limited options beautiful sunset beautiful place kerala style restaurant staff house boat kerala trip bird sanctuary resort massage cons canal
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Resort was excellent. However staff named Biwa and Richard was rude. We were charged for a 3rd person in the room without additional bed provided. They refused to look at our face and talk and even challenged us to review them badly.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Kesvin P
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Recently I stayed there by Feb 2018..
And i would like to share my mixed experience.
First few Pros..
Its an Beautiful property with amazing views to Die for.
One can sit and enjoy the beauty of the lake even for whole day by the lake facing lawns and sunset is a must visit.
Amazing Food amazing service by the F and B team.Though food tariff is slightly high I shall recommend their restaurant for sure.And the team leaded by Miss Lalitha Kudos to you .
The resort manager Mr Richard a gem of his kind.No bother he will take care everything.
The 3 to 5 minutes boat safari from the main land to the resort gives some Joy to kids.
the small garden in middle is well maintained
Now cons.
Their central reservation team in Ooty was the worst ever team I had ever faced in my life.Even after a week they are not ready to respond a mail regarding booking.After a big shout as "do u have any interest to sell a room for my dates" the reply was made.Not within this ,Once the payment was made to their bank account even after 5 days they are not ready to send a acknowledge.And again a big shout needed to get it.I dont know whether they get salary or working for free.
Some rooms have basic problems such as AC not working are fan runs like a diesel motor.Thus it made me to change my room for 3 times to settle down.Remember even in the month of february u cant stay without Ac.
Their 1 more reception staff a lady I cant recall her name but I shall bet for sure u cant make her or see her smile.Not suitable for hospitality team.
Their representatives should respond for a review in such like travel portals.But a big NO from them.
A suggestion to future travellers ,
Make sure Mr Richard is available on your travel dates.
Check everything in room before settling.Else u have to go for a change of room like for multiple times.It goes possible only if rooms are vacant.
Plan well enjoy your holidays.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I stayed in this resort for one night in January 2018. The location is really nice and the view is superb. But the resort does not provide the kind of welcome that you expect from a 3/4 star facility. The food quality is pathetic. It's over priced and not at all sufficient. The breakfast was not even served properly with limited choice. When you request for information on the message and other services, there is no proper information and you have to inquire again and again. The hotel staff is not all friendly. Overall an average experience.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank oonly4amit
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

There is no vehicle access to this property.it is quite isolated with restricted movement.Each time you have to wait for the manual rowing boat to pick and drop you to and from this resort.
The dinner time at this resort is 7.30 pm but written in Restaurant opening hours is 7 pm.It is misleading.The resort is quite old and needs lots of maintenance.
Hot water pressure is quite low and most of the time it is below luke warm.
A big no for me for any future visit.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Checked in and checked out the same day. Stunning aspect on the Lakeside but that's it. Checked in with unsmiling manager, more like a head master! Very tired looking room, quite scruffy really. No chairs on verandah and when I asked if there were any chairs to sit near the lake I was told that we could take the ones from our room. Big heavy wooden ones! I then dragged some metal ones to the lake and took pillows from room to make them slightly more comfortable. No where to sit and relax and no beers! Despite being on the menu. When I asked I was told that I could go by boat and then bike and bring some back for ourselves! Really not a welcoming resort at all. Huge shame .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple