Lowest prices for your stay
$209
View deal
Free cancellation until 09/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.com$211
Priceline
Travelocity$211
1,806 results
All reviews bird sanctuary vembanad lake boat ride lotus pond heritage property luxury villa the general manager main building lagoon view gm mr water bodies local cuisine various activities private pool f b every guest special mention
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2022 via mobile

We stayed at the Taj Kumarakom for 2 days.
We were very well looked after by the staff - Mr.Nabarun Datta, Ms. Priya, Vipin and their team. The property is fantastic, reminiscent of the British style of architecture. Well maintained. It has indoor kayaking, dinner on a raft and several other unique activities. There's an in house lake (which also has ducks!). The individual villas have a balcony overlooking the lake which is a unique experience.
The location is excellent - it's next door to the bird sanctuary, boating terminal and the world famous Bay Island Driftwood museum. I walked across to the museum on a lazy afternoon and was pleasantly surprised. I was warmly greeted by the Punnoose couple. Mrs. Raji Punnoose personally took me around and explained every exhibit.
Amazing is the only word I can use to explain this Limca record book featured museum, which is a labour of love. A must see!
The Taj Kumarakom offers a splendid hospitality experience, a beautiful property and superb location. Wecommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Taj Kumarakom Resort and Spa Kerala, Owner at Taj Kumarakom Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to share your stay experience at the Taj Kumarakom Resort & Spa, Kerala on Trip Advisor.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations.

As a valued guest your feedback will be shared with Nabarun Datta, Priya,Vipin and the team which will continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Taj Kumarakom Resort & Spa, Kerala and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Kumarakom.

Reviewed 17 May 2022 via mobile

I've just returned from a trip toTaj Kumarakom and I am completely rejuvenated to get back to the city grind!! This is a 4 star Taj property that delivers 5 star services!! The place is right next to the Bird Sanctuary with birds chirping around round the clock!! A beautiful mini lake in the middle of the property that can make every amateur turn into fishermen!! My entire family caught atleast 3/4 fishes daily!! Ofcourse, we released them back into the lake with support from their Muddy Boots instructors. There is a team of fantastic people like Priya, Manoj and Dutta that personally ensure your stay @ Kumarakom is a fantastic experience. They don't just work at Kumarakom, they work like owners @ Kumarakom making your family experience a pleasurable one!! Certainly looking forward to revisiting this beautiful resort!!

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Kumarakom Resort & Spa, Kerala!

We are delighted to receive your review of your wonderful stay with us. It is indeed a team effort with an unwavering goal towards guest satisfaction, which constantly motivates us to be on our toes.

I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction. Your feedback will be shared with Priya, Nabarun Datta, Chef Manoj and the team which will continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Looking forward to your continued support and assuring you of the very best in hospitality in the true Taj tradition, always.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2022 via mobile

The resort is situated in 15 acres of land and it's quite spacious. The staff behaviour was very much positive. Quality of the food was excellent. I have enjoyed my stay here and wish to be back as and when I get chance. I thank the staff members for making the trip memorable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Taj Kumarakom Resort and Spa Kerala, Owner at Taj Kumarakom Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank You very much for choosing to stay at Taj Kumarakom Resort & Spa, Kerala! and taking time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our hospitality and food. I have shared your appreciation with the team for their personalized customer service and comments like yours are our ultimate reward.

We immensely value your patronage and look forward to your continued support.

Reviewed 16 May 2022 via mobile

I had first visited this property in 2002 and then stayed here with my parents in 2010.. visited again this month and truthfully while the service standards are superlative.. special shout out to Priya at the front desk, Akash at Housekeeping, Sathish in the dining hall and Vipin who was managing the restaurant and gave us one of our most memorable meals of the trip!

However the infrastructure seems to have taken a bit of a beating (probably due to covid?).. small irritants like insufficient umbrellas and the ones which were given were also broken, buggies not available to pick up senior citizens on time (though I must repeat that the staff was doing a superlative job), AC remote stuck together with insulation tape, AC blower only working in “High” mode, fishing rods not available etc

Even the tree cover seemed to be a little less than before.

Having said that and ignoring the little things, it was still a very memorable holiday.. thanks in a large way to the super team that works there

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Taj Kumarakom Resort & Spa, for your stay. Your comments will be shared with our entire team. We are delighted to know that you had a memorable experience with us.

We make every effort to maintain high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Taj is known for and we are happy to note that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I have noted your feedback which we could have avoided. I have shared the same with my Chief Engineer Kannan and Front Office Manager Noyal to ensure such incidents doesn't repeat again.

With regards to renovation we will be caring it out in a phase manner. The Restaurant buffet counter is our top priority to have wide spread which we are planning to complete by June end.

We sincerely thank you for recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcome you back to Taj Kumarakom Resort & Spa, Kerala in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2022

The experience has been fantastic - right from the time of check-in. The place is beautiful, the staff (the house-keeping staff, swimming pool staff, restaurant staff) are extremely good and the overall experience has been brilliant.
The taste of the food as well as the choice of the menu could have been better though

Room tip: The luxury pool villas are the best

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Kumarakom Resort & Spa, Kerala!

We are most delighted to note that you had a wonderful experience in our hotel. We would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the services offered by our team during your stay.

We have noted your feedback with regards to the food and we are working on our menu and we assure you by June we will have a new look to our restaurant counter and the menu we provide. My team and I will look forward to welcome you back for many more enriching moments.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm regards,