Doesn’t my review title say it all……please note I have stopped short of calling it excellent …..since room for improvement is there…..but then worth a vacation for the “value for money” alone.
The Plus points
Right on the Vembanad lake. Lake is only visible from the private pool rooms… most other rooms have a lagoon view.
Great rooms upto Tak standards….good air conditioning especially in the Kerala heat.
Complementary boat ride and tea/snacks not to be missed.
Well maintained grounds
Rooms don’t have a circuit breaker- the old traditional key type…was not very environ friendly there…..felt guilty leaving lights/AC on everytime I went out of the room.
Food – vegetarian fare could be improved
The bird sanctuary walk is a waste – u see more birds in the resort itself – don’t waste ur time waking up early for a tiring wasteful walk.
Excellent value for money……maybe for 2-3 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Hotels.com, MakeMyTrip, ClearTrip, Agoda, Yatra, TravelGuru and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala