Despite a slight hiccup on arrival when it appeared we were not expected, nothing could fault our 4 night package at this beautiful resort. Every attention to detail is given to the spotless and luxurious accommodation set out on various islands between the Bakers' Bungalow and lagoon and Vembanad Lake. Furniture, ornaments, accessories, spacious outside bathroom and a glorious plunge pool create such a beautiful home that it is hard to make the most of the fascinating backwaters within walking and boating distance of the resort. To add to all this bounty is the adjoining Bird Sanctuary, but no need really to venture that far when the birds come to you.
The staff are friendly, attentive and generous - Prince in particular checked all was well each day and ordered us a packed lunch when realising we had to leave early for our flight. His instructions went slightly awry, but the food was most welcome none-the-less. The ayurvedic doctor gave great advice that sorted out a bad back, and all made us feel part of the family.
Food is absolutely delicious - stick to the local Keralan fare and enjoy every mouthful. Evening snacks after a short cruise on the lake were another lovely touch. To be surrounded by water and not to come across one mosquito is testament to the care and thought that has singled out this Taj property.
My only recommendation for consideration in future improvements is to investigate how to quieten the A/C - but by cooling down the accommodation whilst we were having a wonderful dinner by the diya-bordered lagoon, entertained by local musicians and dancers, we were able to have a most comfortable night each time without any A/C.
Our heart-felt thanks to all who made this such a memorable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Yatra, TravelGuru, ClearTrip, HotelQuickly and EaseMyTrip so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala