The place is just AWSOME!! Huge property. Very Calm and quite. The staff are very attentive and courteous. The food is the best part, some of the best Kerala cuisine I have had in Kerala. Must take a speed boat ride on the lake, as I would not recommend a one or two hour slower boat rides. That should be at least a night stay on a "Kettuvelum" to experience the true essence of backwaters. The cottages are placed quite afar from each other, so there is no disturbance from adjoinig rooms. The pool is clean and child friendly. There was sunscreen and clean towels available and complimentary chilled fresh fruits after a swim. Showers and changing rooms are big and clean.
We stayed in a Luxury Villa the villa was big and the bath was the best part with open air showers with only pigeons taking a peek.
Of all the hotels I stayed in their linen and robes were the best.
The only downside was not the hotels fault as there were weeds all around the deck that stops you from boarding the boat from the hotel. You need to walk to a nearby jetty point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelGuru, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala