We took a motar boat from Taj kochi to reach kumarakon... a journey of close to 2 hours..... a great view of back waters on our way to kumarakom.........
A huge, lush green property... with only 28 cottages & villas........ the cottages were quite huge & well kept .......... we got an upgrade to a Villa as well for our last night, which is really huge & a great open bathroom (the main attraction)... Thank u guys for the upgrade.........
Every evening you can enjoy the free cruise & post that tea & pakoras at 'Chayakeda'.......
The staff is very courtoues & hospitable, on the day we checked out & were heading towards Munnar, they packed us nice sandwiches for our journey....... very thoughtful indeed !
The resort is very peaceful, serene & full of greenry....... Only thing they can do is little better maintainence of the pool & may be add another restuarant to Dine for.......
There is not much to do at Kumarakon......... just enjoy the resort & relax!!
Had great time :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, ClearTrip, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala