Kumarakom Lake Resort
  • Pool
  • Pool
Aveda Kumarakom(Kumarakom)
1,914 results
All reviewsmeandering poolsunset cruisemat weavingprivate poolluxury pavilion roombasket weavingprince charlesheritage villasseafood restaurantlake resortparadise on earthpottery makingoutdoor bathroommain restaurantopen airour honeymoonevening tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2012

A stunning location and beautiful hotel”
This was by far the best hotel of our stay in Kerala combining style, comfort and location all to a high degree. I recommend the huge Luxury Pavilion room that we had (505) for it's lovely views over the gardens from the floor to ceiling windows and it's bathroom with full size jacuzzi. The views over the lake at sunset are wonderful, the pool is a good size, and afternoon tea is served in the lovely gardens. Only real complaint is the cost and limited options for dining (we were put off the buffet by the mass catering feel). The barbeque never seemed to happen so that left us with the seafood restaurant which was fine for two nights but may have paled for any longer. Their premium houseboat maintains the high standards and makes for a wonderful trip around the lake but I have to say the food, though mostly good, was embarrassingly excessive.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Room Tip: Luxury Pavillion room 505 was wonderful if you are happy to share the pool - villas seemed rather dark to me and pools rather small.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed in a private pool villa. The private pool was the best part and the children loved it. It is 4 ft deep so if you have very young children then keep a close eye on them. Our villa was the one nearest the infinity pool and we had lovely views of the Vembanad lake. The room was spacious and accommodated the extra bed comfortably. The basket of fruits and a tray of kerala condiments was replenished daily. The open air bathroom had all the amenities you would need from a 5 star - just need to be careful of the bugs that drop by in the evening. The food was average and especially vegetarian food had limited options (we had a vegetarian in the group). The resort has plenty of space to walk around and its many small bridges over the small canals made it exciting for the kids. The evening cruise looked like it might be fun - we did not take it since we were due on the houseboat. The evening tea stall is a must-do for lovely tea and views. The potter is also a must-visit.
The highlight of the trip was the night on the houseboat. After 6 hours of cruising the lake, a village walk, and an awesome lunch, we docked at a very private location for the beautiful sunset. We were lucky to get upgraded to the 2-bed houseboat which we had to ourselves. It is very spacious and has enough space for the children to run around. It also has a glass enclosed dining space which ensures that once you dock for the night the bugs don't get to you. It had a DVD player on board which kept the children busy after dark. The 3 member staff on the boat was excellent and did everything to make our stay very comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 203 near the pool and it will be very good for families with children (who will keep running to the pool). It had good views. It may be too public for people who want privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shwetalshub
Reviewed 23 April 2012

An unusual resort with attached units set along a meandering swimming "pool." You can walk out the back door, down the stairs, and into the water. Some rooms were a long walk from the main area. The bathrooms are outdoors, covered, but not air conditioned or protected from bugs [they do spray the property a lot]. They use an ancient lock and key set-up that is very frustrating to try to lock. Some rooms are near the fence that separates the property from the town and are noisy as children play nearby. Internet patchy and TV stations awful. Nice lake cruises available.

Room Tip: Stay reasonably close to main lodge.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank JC-912
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Well, Once we left from Leela, Kovalam , we headed straight towards Kumarakom lake resort(KLR). Dates of Stay : 21st Jan 2012 to 23rd Jan 2012

The approach to the resort has a very good scenic view with paddy fields on either side and a slim road approaching to the same.

Moment we entered we could see a Wooden Jungle covered with Green Bushes all around and it really made me feel happy and proud that I chose the resort to spend my days forward.

We were again welcomed by Coconut water and hygenic extra cool towels to refresh ourselves.

Again we were escorted to our Villa and I must say that the approach to the villa was awesome . KLR has allowed the lake water to seep into their property and with canals all around it made me feel really fresh.

Coming to the Villa , Decor was all kerala Specific with huge door locks & I must say I have seen the Biggest key ever available for personal use :-)

The villa had an open bathroom which might not be comfortable for everyone , but the same was okay. It also had a private and small swimming pool and I was amazed to see the maintenance of the same--awesome....

One thing to ensure there are the flies during the night time, there are lot of them and also in the swimming pool water. Infact I could see the Lizards on the walls surrounding the villa.However the same didn't kill my excitement at all.

During evening,resort arranged a cruise for all guests on the lake so as to see the sunset.It was completely a different experience altogether coupled with Live Music on the Deck.

Coming to the food it was very good and hygenic and I loved it.

Next Day we had a Booking in the Premium Houseboat of KLR and I loved the stay in there too.
Before checking into the Houseboat , we were asked what all dishes we would perfer in lunch and dinner and the same were served to us during our stay there.

A private Houseboat for us there and we were sailing on water for next 6 hours. KLR provided us with two Captains and a lovely Chef"Pradeep" ... I cannot forget his name as he made our stay memorable. Comparing all other locations and stays during my honeymoon he served us the best food and it was Divine eating food.

Lot of North Indians might feel that kerala is all about dosas and sambhars... Well No....I ate one of the best Homely Chapatis on the HouseBoat.

View of the lakes with both sides covered with paddy fields was really scenic and all we could hear were birds all around us.

Our Boat was to be stationed at Allepey, however Just from the security point of Perspective and we had to start for another spot, I asked the captain to park our ship right next to the resort.

During night it was like staying on the houseboat with all amenities of resort (Remember I got this tailormade for me on the spot).

Suggestions : I Spoke to lot of people there and all of them had a view about the security of the villa. Specially if one is dipping in the pool then he/she might feel that theres every possible chance of they getting photographed--For the comfort of the guests , a plate shall be hung on the wall right in front of the pool ensuring that security is ample and its safe to enjoy the lovely water..

Second , Yellow Bulbs didnt make me feel good. Also Lighting definitely needs some work as villa I found was not well lit and it was all yellow.

Third, I didnt like the grey walls inside, KLR is a pure fun resort so a vibrant color on the walls would really make guests feel happy.

Overall , I thank KLR for making our stay memorable and I would definitely come there again.

Well, do not miss to learn Pottery there in the resort and click some good postcard images.

Cheers !!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view, go for Premium Villas with private pool. Rest need not bother they are very good care takers.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple