We stayed in a private pool villa. The private pool was the best part and the children loved it. It is 4 ft deep so if you have very young children then keep a close eye on them. Our villa was the one nearest the infinity pool and we had lovely views of the Vembanad lake. The room was spacious and accommodated the extra bed comfortably. The basket of fruits and a tray of kerala condiments was replenished daily. The open air bathroom had all the amenities you would need from a 5 star - just need to be careful of the bugs that drop by in the evening. The food was average and especially vegetarian food had limited options (we had a vegetarian in the group). The resort has plenty of space to walk around and its many small bridges over the small canals made it exciting for the kids. The evening cruise looked like it might be fun - we did not take it since we were due on the houseboat. The evening tea stall is a must-do for lovely tea and views. The potter is also a must-visit.
The highlight of the trip was the night on the houseboat. After 6 hours of cruising the lake, a village walk, and an awesome lunch, we docked at a very private location for the beautiful sunset. We were lucky to get upgraded to the 2-bed houseboat which we had to ourselves. It is very spacious and has enough space for the children to run around. It also has a glass enclosed dining space which ensures that once you dock for the night the bugs don't get to you. It had a DVD player on board which kept the children busy after dark. The 3 member staff on the boat was excellent and did everything to make our stay very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerala's leading resort by the side of famous Vembanadu lake, the largest backwaters of Kerala, located north of Kumarakom. An ideal backwater resort for honeymoon holidays, leisure holidays, family vacation, etc. All the villas are centrally air conditioned - There are 7 lake view heritage villa with plunge pools, 15 Heritage Garden view Villas with plunge pools, 26 meandering Pool Villas, 9 Luxury Pavillion Rooms with heated Jacuzzi, 2 Presidential Suite with private Pool and 4 Air conditioned House boats with 7 rooms. Air conditioned Conference hall with 85 Pax theatre style seating facility available. 100 seater restaurant with traditional Kerala architecture, 45 seater seafood restaurant with bar available. Kerala's traditional Ayurveda, Yoga, and backwater cruise facility available. The entire resort is Wi-Fi enabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Stayzilla, ClearTrip, Expedia, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Kumarakom Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Lake Resort Kerala