See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

The place is a beautiful stay. The rooms are nice and big. However, this is not maintained like a hotel. This place just has 4 rooms and one caretaker. Stay here like a house and get whatever you need. The caretaker just prepares the room before we come. Now after that, if you need food, water, blankets, AC etc, you've to ask him as and when you need. But he is always ready to help.

Also, this place is very well located. It's near the bus stops and the backwaters as well.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

I don't really write reviews but in this case their service really made me to do this. I have been here before few time with my family but always not up to the standard. Recently got a feedback from my collegues, this resort is doing well with the new management. So I decided to give a try. Booked two A/C cottages. Arrived on Monday I was treated like family and I felt really welcome from the moment I walked through the door. All advice regarding the tombs and other sightseeing was good. Not too pushy just good friendly advice to suit your individual needs. Before we check in we had a nice meri boy ice creams and shakes from the parlour. Mr. Thomas who is running the business shown us the room. He was so kind to us. Room was spacious A/C was powerful gud chalrity of TV. Room was cleaned never seen this much perfection before when I stayed here. Room got a nice view and its near to the river. After the house boat we decided to go to the restaurant but it was so busy then we called a room service. Tried their house speciality "karimeen pollichathu" which wrapped and cooked in a banana leaf in order to keep the wholesome spice inside. My wife is veg they got some nice veg options too which is not really common in other place. The next day we made a reservation and went to the restaurant. Restaurant name is "VALLAPURA" really catch the essence and cocept what they try to give. We got a wide range of menu which includes sea foods, North and South indian dishes. Food was excellent and have observed people come from different areas to try their food. What else I could expect from a resort. I really felt I was staying in a five star hotel with a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank shine k
Reviewed 26 May 2015

We booked 2 AC cottages for 2 nights. The rooms didn't have a functional AC, which we had to complain umpteen number of times before they took some action (switched on the generator) and even this wasn't much help as there was major voltage fluctuation. There is no HOT WATER...this works on solar panels and you have to rely on sunlight. The backdoor which opens to the PADDY FIELD view had only hooks to keep it in place (major security risk!!). They have a small lawn with some swings which look rather eerie. Food prepared was tasty but monotonous especially for vegetarians (gobi manchurian all the time) and the choice was minimal. We had to ask for everything from water in the bathroom to pillows to towel. Another major issue is that there is no WI FI or any sort of internet connection. Surely this place lacks the charm which is seen in the photos!!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank karthik100
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Hi ,this is Kunal from Bangalore, We stayed at Green Garden on October ,2012.The experiance was really nice. Clean , A/c Cottages , with nice ambience . The best views are from the cottage on the last end , we can even set a camp fire there (we did...) ..The food served was yummy..the people are friendly . We recommend the Cottage.. for family & honeymooners , great place...

Room Tip: Cottage # 32 is Nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kunalsubash
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Our stay at Greengarden Holiday Homes was a very memorable experiance. We a group of IT professionals, working at bangalore booked the cottages on Green garden Holiday Homes .The rooms were lovely & we had a vey nice time over there. The Food served was nice & we enjoyed !! Rakesh

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business