5 people are viewing this hotel
$89
Free cancellation until 01/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
Priceline$89
eDreams$89
FindHotel$67
1,252 results
All reviews bamboo pool villa garden facing vembanad lake dinner buffet open to sky memorable stay indoor games motor boat food quality excellent view nice resort breakfast spread rooms are spacious the cottages nice experience ayurvedic spa recommend this resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2022 via mobile

Is the perfect place for living.The area was quiet and relaxing.The Rooms are clean and comfortable. The room had an excellent view of River.All the staffes are efficient and helpful.The food quality was good nd delicious.I highly recommend This one. It was an excellent value for money. I enjoyed it.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 28 June 2022 via mobile

Its with much excitement that we headed to this property as it boasts of 4 star amenities at a great location, but to our surprise we were to deal with quite a few unprofessional/unethical occasions which none of us would prefer during a leisure trip. We all understand that the ipact of Covid on service industry was devastating, yet to bounce back from such a situation, I feel these guys need to do go a long way.
It all started with the room service being poor with Glasses/plates not being cleared for a 2 night stay, to having dealt with Lizard poop on the mattress,to adjust with the Spa treatment being provided by inexperienced folks and to end with a security guard being questioned for using Video phone near the pool.I believe noone would be interested in a coaching session after paying for a 4 start rated property neither anyone would be interested in demanding the service what a property of this rating normally provides out of their responsibility.
Nevertheless, it has got a great restaurant which anyone can tryout for pretty decent local cuisines.

Reviewed 28 June 2022 via mobile

Hi all,

Myself and my extended family including my Mum and Dad had visited the renowned Abad whispering Palms Kumarakom on our 3 weeks holidays in Kerala ....We are settled in Perth, Australia.

We enquired about an upgrade of our rooms only to be denied as we were told the property is flat out and all the rooms are occupied....ok,great ...fair enough.

We got to the rooms and were greeted by lizards and it's poo on the beds.... alright may be housekeeping needs to be more vigilant and let it go....

Myself and my wife had a massage (Abhayagam)each at the Ayurvedic Centre only to found that the company who had contract earlier had left and the new company was only settling in with new staff and even knowledge of different treatments were limited...this information was not passed on to us at the reception and by the property manager.

The room service was used by us few times....the left over glasses and trays were left by us outside the room....it was quite surprising that the trays and glasses were still outside when we left the property after two days.....it's a joke.

Suggestion to my western friends : Please carry spare toilet rolls if you have young kids as the property will only supply one.

Electricity will be cut off/on few times at night ....just for fun.

Myself and my brother have two elderly daughters.... obviously they did enjoy the beautiful pool facing the famous vembanad lake...quite a lot of families were enjoying their time by having a splash in the pool....

My brother during our swim in the pool noted that Security guard of the property who is meant to be looking after the guests and their safety was busy filming the elderly ladies and young people in swim suits and respective attires...

We brought this to the attention of the Front office manager when we checked out and ....guess what...he was simply defending themselves,the guard and the property.

I had stayed at the Water escapes,The Taj Kumarakom prior to this....and this experience at the 4 to 5 star property of the renowned Abad group...was....not on,not professional and simply ridiculous....

I might visit this property in the future just to use their restaurant....because the food was good.

Staying there again....no way....It will be bit too much adventure for our families and we are not prepared for this type of hospitality.

Whispering Palms Abad, Kumarakom..... literally spoiled mine and my family's three weeks holidays to Kerala (My God's own country....where I was born and lived for 24 years before I settled down in Australia)

Regards

Finu Chirayath Francline

Reviewed 13 June 2022 via mobile

Awsome location, serene ambiance, cordial staff, delicious food.
We have choosen one lake view and one pool villa for the stay. Staff behaviour was friendly and coperative. Restaurant offers quite a delicious food menu.

One scope for improvement - resort can try something for pest control, which will control lizards and others.

Reviewed 10 June 2022 via mobile

Excellent property with Vebanad Lake view. Perfect location of relaxation. Courteous and well behaved staff especially Mr. Baiju in Granary restaurant. Front office staff, house keeping and security were very polite and welcoming. Food in Granary was superb especially morning breakfast and chicken 65 which is must try. Indian classical instrumental music programs at lobby every evening. Boating facility and house boats available on request. Swimming pool with Vebanad lake view was excellent. Stayed for two nights in Lake View cottage..

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple