I was at this resort with 2 old ladies - my mother and my aunt and a great friend. Because, I have been to Kumarakom earlier, I knew what to expect BUT I was wrong! This was a totally out of the world experience - sparsely populated, great service, beautiful rooms but to top it all - superb ambience!
Beginning with the ride to the resort, till the time we checked out, every moment was like an experience in itself. After the ladies went to sleep, we trekked around in the property at night, met friendly security guards who gave us local tips, sat and discussed our past lives in a clear moonlit sky, went snake hunting, met a diehard Newcastle United fan (the first I met - till then, I thought they were rumored to exist) etc etc etc. We had planned for one noght only - and hence had too much to accomplish in 24 hrs - something which we just managed...
This is a complete package - go experience it if you have the money, because it is expensive!
The only area where they could have done a tad better was the food - the menu was limited, and North Indian cuisines hardly matched the palate... But overall, hats off to this place - I plan to be there this year as well with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Lagoon is CGH Earth group's 'celebration of Kerala' on the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom. Built on a coconut grove with water channels in between, this is truly a unique experience for the guests. As a responsible tourism venture, this eco resort brings alive the culture of the place as well as take good measures to protect the environment through its many recycling and protection processes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ClearTrip, Expedia, Yatra, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala