Super romantic and stunning backwater hotel on island. Ideal for romantic couples to experience the backwaters or for pre/post houseboat stay.
Service: Excellent, very friendly and professional staff!
Price/Rates: Accommodation mid-range but worth every cent. Restaurant/Bar reasonable. Full board Ayurveda packages available but expensive comparing to other hotel offerings. Individual Ayurveda treatments expensive.
Location: Access to hotel by boat, hotel on the backwaters with waterways between rooms. Very romantic and attractive. Peaceful, romantic, pretty, quiet.
Food/Restaurant: Very good main restaurant and speciality fish restaurant – very good service. Poolside bar offers great seafood lunch at very reasonable price.
Facilities/Activities: Plenty to do and many activities included – cooking demonstrations, bird watching, dragon fly watching, canoe and boat rides, games room, Ayurveda talks, village walks etc . Daily complimentary 1 hour yoga class in the mornings – good Yoga Master. Kerali (martial art) demonstration and classes a couple of times per week. Nice grounds with pretty gardens, hammocks and swings. Stunning birdlife and plenty eagles. Great pool with view over backwaters and Spa-like Ayurveda Center.
Rooms: Traditional Kerala bungalow style. Stylish, spacious, clean and very comfortable – all with verandas and garden/water views. Stunning outdoor bathrooms.
Ayurveda: Very friendly and competent Doctor and Therapists. The Ayurveda Centre will appeal to westerners seeking a less authentic (hospital like) and more spa-type experience. Clean and stunning treatment rooms with views onto rice paddies. No separate dining room/ kitchen for Ayurveda guests – but one table reserved for Ayurveda Guests. During or stay there was a group of 6 (3 couples) on a 3 week Ayurveda retreat. Again I think it would be challenging to follow a strict veg/non-alcoholic diet whilst other guests are indulging in all the fabulous delicacies – I would therefore not recommend this resort for solo travellers or those seeking a serious Ayurvedic retreat.
What I liked most: Exclusive ambience, stunning setting and romantic atmosphere. You don’t need to take an outside trip – here you can do as little or as much as you want – enough activities but no pressure to participate. Stunning live music during dinner time and throughout the day. Interesting cooking classes. Traditional afternoon tea and snacks served from boat.
What I liked least: I loved everything about this hotel – the only point I can make is that I will not choose this hotel for a solo 3 week Ayuverda retreat – it is far too romantic!
Participate in the Kerali session and attend the cooking demonstrations.
Would I return to this hotel: Yes, this is second honeymoon material!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Lagoon is CGH Earth group's 'celebration of Kerala' on the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom. Built on a coconut grove with water channels in between, this is truly a unique experience for the guests. As a responsible tourism venture, this eco resort brings alive the culture of the place as well as take good measures to protect the environment through its many recycling and protection processes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and ClearTrip so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala