I spent 3 nights at Coconut Lagoon at the start of my trip to Kerala. I joined my Mum and her partner, who have been going back to Coconut Lagoon year after year, to see what the fuss was all about. Well the photos do not do it justice! From the moment you arrive at the dock and get on the boat to the resort, you start to relax. Everyone single member of staff are polite and friendly, nothing is too much for them.
The food was great, we had the buffet every night and every night was different. The musicians are talented, adding to ambiance (although I did avoid the Kathkali, if you've seen it once I suggest just going straight to dinner!).
I had a bungalow overlooking the river and sitting on the veranda as the sun went down was a highlight, and everyone on the river seemed to view us as a tourist attraction too! The bungalow was clean, airy and the open-roofed bathroom a novelty.
There are so many places to sit and relax with different views- overlooking the lake, the paddy fields, the river and the hammocks were one of my favourite locations. The wildlife is fascinating- lots of butterflies, birds and turtles- and the cows that are used to keep the grass down are unique!
If you get a chance to hire a motorised canoe with a guide do- it is a great way to see the backwaters and we went on a Sunday so got to see all the children and families on their way to church.
I can see why people return to Coconut Lagoon, I cannot recommend it enough if you want to get away from it all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Lagoon is CGH Earth group's 'celebration of Kerala' on the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom. Built on a coconut grove with water channels in between, this is truly a unique experience for the guests. As a responsible tourism venture, this eco resort brings alive the culture of the place as well as take good measures to protect the environment through its many recycling and protection processes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and ClearTrip so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala