“Lovely setting, looking over the river.”
Review of Kelly's Landing

Kelly's Landing
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Manotick
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 September 2018

The restaurant was full when we arrived, couldn’t make a reservation, told we might have to wait 45 minutes, we sat on benches by the river happy and content. We didn’t have to wait as long as 45 minutes before being shown to a table. Lovely, friendly waitress. Food was very good only downside was the “boxty” more like a crepe instead of a traditional Irish boxty, (wee bit misleading there), other than that it was very enjoyable.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I was there for a light dinner on a warm sunny late afternoon. There was a reasonable wait for seats on the patio, but it cleared up quite a bit after 5:30 and as we were only two we were seated fairly quickly. Although our table was away from the waterfront, it was still quite pleasant. Fish and chips and fish tacos were very good.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Great food! Arrived after a 4 hour car ride from Toronto. Chicken Boxty was unique and tasty. All of us enjoyed our food. Only negative was the wait. It was long. Maybe offer some bread during the wait, it was longer than it should have been and I’m pretty patient and understanding knowing how long it should take. When you order your 3rd drink when you haven’t been served is too long....
But still worth coming, maybe there was an issue but no acknowledgement or sorry.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 13 September 2018

NEVER go to this restaurant. Under brutal ownership. I went to get ice cream and asked for 2 scoops of ice cream, cause i love ice cream and the girl said 'we don't do that' I said 'well that's stupid'. Although, the owner didn't have enough guts to confront me. I ended up hearing thru the grapevine that the owner banned me from the restaurant because I asked for 2 scoops of ice cream (I know, pretty ridiculous).

I then, approched the owner shortly after and appologrized for my actions (which I & many people felt was not needed). As i go to introduce myself, He doesn't even have the willingness to shake my hand (talk about a bad business man)

I proceed to state my appology and his responce was "ya we just don't want you back here" ..... Talk about discrimination. Some people have no idea how to treat your customers. Oh! and believe me, I'm not the first to have a bad experience with the owner.

Lesson learned: Never go back to Kelly's Landing

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018

We were a group of five and we have been at this property a number of times before. To start off with the positive, on a nice day the venue is nothing short of outstanding.

BUT on this particular evening the experience was anything but outstanding. one of our group ordered a smoked meat sandwich with a salad on the side. When the plate was presented it came with fried potatoes. When this was pointed out the server took the plate away with a sigh that was completely audible to all of us. Ta add, the sandwich was really nothing more than a toasted sandwich that was really not eaten.

I had ordered a hamburger that cam out as overcooked and tough, and when I asked for some relish I was told, in a demeaning tone, by this server that there was none to be had.

Two others in our group had mediocre pasta meals while the last had the soup, that thankfully was entirely acceptable to him.

Dessert was completely out of the question. We just wanted to pay the bill and leave

Date of visit: August 2018