“Indifferent Hospitality”
Review of Casa Colonial Lucy

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baracoa
Casa Colonial Lucy
Ranked #40 of 56 Baracoa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2017

This place is decent, but there are better options. The room is reasonably comfortable and clean. There are some nice terrace areas. They were sufficiently responsive to our requests, and helped us book a casa in Havana. However, they did not affirmatively offer local advice or solicit conversation, or seem interested in whether we were enjoying ourselves, as did folks in the other casas where we stayed during our month in Cuba. At times, we felt that we were merely an afterthought. We arranged to have dinner there, but they forgot. Breakfasts were OK. Apparently, a four day stay during low season doesn't merit room cleaning or fresh towels. Given the great hospitality we experienced with the many other casa owners with whom we stayed, we expected better.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I almost hesitate to review Casa Lucy because I kind of want it to stay a secret for selfish reasons but without a doubt this is the best place to stay in Baracoa. The accommodations are extremely clean and comfortable - the location is excellent - the food is very very good. Access to the roof and terrace make for memorable, relaxing evenings. Reservations are needed in advance - but unlike some other casas particulares which will confirm a reservation but when you arrive send you to some inferior place because they overbooked, Lucy is communicative in advance (reconfirming when you are on your way is a good courtesy), will respect the reservation and will take good care of you while you are there, without being intrusive.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank machita99
Reviewed 10 August 2016

comfortable rooms and now there is a third apartament they have for families and couples who want to stay by themselves, anyway Casa Lucy still provides the best breakfast and food for the visitors, Lucys son and really good cocktais,salsa lessons,masagges and local food.a really nice see view from the terrace

Room Tip: The best views are in the terraces from the rooms upstairs
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yunidg88
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights earlier this month and had a lovely stay - it was one of my favourite casas during my month long trip around Cuba. Despite not speaking any English, the owner Lucy made me feel very welcome, greeting me like a long lost family member each time she saw me! Her son Noel was equally friendly and he speaks good English. The rooms are big, bright and clean and mine had a roof terrace in front overlooking the town and sea. Breakfast was lovely and nothing was too much trouble for them. They even had me back to stay for one more night after my flight was delayed by a day. The casa is close to the centre of town. Would thoroughly recommend :)

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Lucy C
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed here in March of 2013. Lucy and her son were very accommodating and very friendly. I was travelling with a friend of mine and we were given a room with one bed, which is fine- except we also had a heart shaped red bed spread and it definitely made us aware that we should let them know that we weren't 'together'. That and the rainbow sticker on the bedroom door. It was really very funny when we looked at each other and realized that they thought we were a couple.

The food was very nice and they had made some delicious soup. The casa us very large with many rooms and you will likely bump into a few during breakfast. There are a few separate balconies all with nice views. I would definitely recommend atleast one visit to this casa.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends