1,598 results
All reviewsfishevery nightst luciamarigot baybotanical gardensrented a carti kaye resortrainy seasonpublic beachcaribbean seagros pitonanse le rayepineappleplunge poolour honeymoonoutdoor showerthe cottages
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We just got back from our honeymoon and had an amazing time. :) so nice,quiet and peaceful. A true paradise if you wanna get away from everyday car sounds and other city noises. Service was really nice,everybody is so friendly and nice, even a few guys who sell stuff on the beach. Food and cocktails were absolutely amazing, We would deffinitely come back again. :)

The New Yorkers

1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Having just returned from our 13th vacation at Ti Kaye Village in Saint Lucia we thought it was about time to share our view of the resort. Our first visit was in October 2002 shortly after they opened and our most recent was in November 2011. Twelve repeat visits alone should tell the story of our absolute love of the resort, the owner, the manager and all of the people working to make a stay at Ti Kaye a memorable experience. At our recommendation, friends and family have tried Ti Kaye and everyone has been very pleased with their experience, some have been more than once. From the owner to folks grooming the property and everyone in between, all make you feel like you are the center of attention. Our most recent visit was no exception. The resort is small relative to the “big name” resorts that dot the Caribbean, only 35 plus cottages, but the pleasure derived from the experience is huge. Small touches like immediate response to every request go a long way toward insuring a great vacation. Every member of the staff takes a personal interest in every guest. They know you by name and something about you within 24 hours of your arrival. By the time you leave you’ll probably know every other guest and something about them. Forget the cruise ships and big hotels; if you truly want to get away, Ti Kaye is the only place.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are obviously the best (our absolute favorite is I "Inosan" but all are great. There are however, no bad rooms, every one offers privacy, a fantastic view, and flawless accomidations.
2  Thank Lou and Anne B
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I can't say enough about my stay here...from being picked up at the airport to being served personally by the morning breakfast chef. I will say it is a bit off the beaten path, and will say if you are looking for a "Sandals" type resort look elsewhere...this was the perfect place to relax and disappear. Loved the cottage and lived in the hammock. Food was perfectly fine and not sure why other reviewers have been so harsh...maybe as I can enjoy dehydrated food on a 3 week hiking trip just as I can enjoy fine French cuisine, I think you have to take it for what it's worth...dinners were great and the breakfast buffet was fine. I will say I can highly recommend the burgers' from the beach bar. Excellent - and get the local chips!!! Beach was fine and yes, there are tours that come in...they swim and snorkel and for the most part leave the hotel guests and areas alone. The road there is a bit rough but will say staying at the exclusive Jade Mountain as I did, the drive/driveway there was absolutely no better. So, Tripadvisor commentors, it seems the same island wide. We actually would jog the hilly driveway each morning to burn of calories (hamburgers and drinks) for the day. The hotel is off the beaten path, and there are no TV's in the rooms, if you are looking for a resort/American style room/cottage with WIFI and cable TV than look elsewhere...but if you are looking to reconnect with another, finish books, take great naps, not be distracted, and /or just get away from everything, then this place is a perfect establishment for that. I will be back, very very soon. Highly recommend!!!! I will update this and add photos as soon as I can crop them down to size...Please write me if you have any questions!

Room Tip: Get a room with the private pool...so worth it. You are there - why not?!?!?!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MentallyOnHoliday
Reviewed 24 November 2011

To start i'm a 35 yr old male from MD who has traveled extensively throughout Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Panama, Jamaica, Europe, USA ,1 Aruba and Europe. I've stayed at high end and low end budget hotels and resorts. I'm a chef as well.
Upon arriving at Tikaye with my parents, I was greeted by Lita . She was extremely gracious and served us a welcome fruit cocktail drink. The entrance way was small, but opened up into a nice common sitting area, with the restaurant behind, and behind the dining area was an incredible view of the carribbean . Tikaye is built on top of a high cliff with views that are awe inspiring. The commons area has some nice comfortable sitting areas with wifi Internet which worked better on some days than others. If you sit between the bathrooms and the front office the service was great.
Our bags were carried to our room for us. We had a two queen bed room that had magnificent views. The closet was large and very nice hardwoods. All windows had handmade slats and shutters. Ceiling fans and ac units worked very well. We would open the windows in the day, and shut them as the sun went down to keep the bugs out. There were mosquito nets above the beds that I would recommend utilizing at night, as you are in the rainforest. The front porch has a separate door that locks for extra security. The beds had fresh flowers every day placed on them and swanss made with towels by the maids. There were quite a few steps to get up to the room from the main road, which was also a small walk from the main lobby. I actually enjoyed the walks, but for some older people, handicapped, or heavier people it may be harder. The porch had a small table, chairs, hammock and swing, all which you could take in the view at. The floor was tile, there was a desk and chair in the room as well, a small refrigerator, that you could have stocked if you chose, a coffee maker and hot tea. There were lamps and plenty of lights that you could switch on from the bedside as well as by the doors. There was a clock/ alarm radio that had a dock for an iPod or iPhone with speakers, which was a real nice touch. The bathroom was awesome with a handcrafted large mirror, tile sink was a pedestal style sink. Bathroom had a door to the bedroom and a door to the outside. Through the out side door was an outdoor rainforest shower that had tropical plants and flowers in it! The shower was walled in with high walls for privacy. There was even a palm tree growing out of the plant bed in the shower. The shower wall had a really nice mosaic tiled lizard. A little bench to sit at and change after the shower or to place your clothes on. I loved using this shower. Other rooms for an upgrade had a private plunge pool. Next time I'll stay in one of them, as it wasn't much more money.
I met the maids and groundskeepers all who explained what some of the local fruit trees were that I didn't know about, and even offered to make me a special juice with them if I wanted. They were so nice and smiling all the time. They were proud of their country.
The beach is quite a steep walk down alot of steps, which again may be rough on some people . Me being young and in shape made it up or down in notime. 80% of the way down you pass alittle bathroom for use for the beach and beach restaurant. It needs a little more attention sometimes to be honest. Then you pass the scuba shop and beach restaurant. A few more steps down you hit the beach, cross over a small short footbridge over a little creek. The beach is fairly long in a secluded bay with coral reef at both ends. Very calm waters and safe to swim in. Plenty of beach chairs with storage between them for bags and towels. There are plenty of kayaks to use and snorkels at the dive shop. We brought our own , and the snorkeling was amazing. If you go all the way to the right side of the beach and swim out 50 feet you will see reef in water of 5-25 feet. I saw many species of fish, rays etc... And many types of coral and fan. I then took a kayak out to the wreck, tied up to a buoy and held the line as I swam the length of the wreck and dove down to get a better look. I kayaked about almost all the way to the pitons in less than 35 minutes one way. I stopped off at a few secluded beaches. It rained for 10 minutes than stopped, and was sunny again . The beach at Anse Chochon was very clean and there weren't many people there. I met Rainbow and Sylvester. I bought some nice gifts from Rainbow , he wasn't pushy at all and was even helpful with the kayaks too. Sylvester was nice I had a good conversation with him about local produce and living the Rasta way of life.
The beach restaurant had very good food local fish with local chips(plaintains etc..). On e of the servers there was very nice the other was a little annoyed it seemed when she had to work, but after I cracked a joke and got her to smile she was more pleasant. The piton beers is very good, it reminds me of a corona.
The main resaturant was hit or miss for food. Some food was horrible some was great. I had some fish dished that were awesome. The pepper pot stew was tough and super salty. Thai night was a miss for sure. Breakfast some mornings was eggs made to order waffles , French toast etc.. Other mornings was just fresh bread, cereals, bagels, cheeses, meats, melons, bananas , etc.. Yogurts too. Coffee and tea was brought to the table with your own cream and cane sugar. There were always fresh fruit juices as well. All in all breakfast was very good. I'd usually take extra yogurts and fruit back to the room and keep them in the fridge for late nights or snacks on the beach after swimming. The servers were all very gracious and good. The lady that sat us at the front some nights was a little short though, but again a joke got a smile out of her and made her more pleasant. There was a new bar with really big flat screen tv( there aren't tvs in the cottages, which I actually like) for those that want to keep up with news or sports, but don't spend too much time watching tv or you'll miss all the things that are nice in St. Lucia. The bartender was nice and had a huge book of drinks you could have him make. Clues the wine dude def. Knew his wines and what to pair with what foods. I didn't take the wine tasting but I heard many good things about it. The road coming in to the hotel was very long and bumpy, but I heard it was to help with the seclusion , by keeping it less accessible to the general public. There are a few catamarans that come in with swimmer and snorklers or divers during the day, but it didn't effect my snorkeling whatsoever. In fact some people that have less experience may see it as a benefit, because it can make you feel more comfortable to know there are other people close by when you are that far out in the water.
I would probably rent a vehicle next time if I was there longer to venture out to the different fish frys and the jump off. I was only there for 3 days and didn't want to leave. Afterwards I went to Calabash Cove which was not in the rainforest. Not a nice swimming beach, overpriced, a poor value and very Americanized food with little to no local fish on the menu. Needless to say I was wanting to go back to Tikaye!!
The value was great at Tikaye, I would def return and recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: September 2011
7  Thank mclovin5029
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My fiance and I stayed 5 days at Ti Kaye and cant wait to go back again. From the moment you finally arrive to the property you find relaxation and comfort at every turn. The staff are so friendly there that you feel as if youve left your best friend when you finally check out. I cant say enough about sitting on my cottage porch first thing in the morning enjoying my first cup of coffee and hand feeding the finches pieces of bread as I looked at the beautiful blue waters. The staff there take extra care to ensure that you are placed only with the best tour companies and have complete satisfaction from your experience. The food there was good, not great. The drinks were very good and priced very well. The grounds there are beautiful and serene and reflect great care taken to keep the resort very natural. I would recommend Ti Kaye to anybody wanting a 5 star resort at a price thats far less.

Room Tip: Wpuld recommend a cottage with plunge pool, We stayde in "Niche" and it is perfect for privacy