“A Vacation to Paradise”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Ti Kaye Village is a very unique and special place. It is in a remote area but it is very beautiful and clean. I also felt safe there. The resort is small; there are only about 33 rooms. Every room and building in the resort has a caribbean sea view. I enjoyed spending time on our front porch swinging in the hammock and gazing at the amazing view. The staff at Ti Kaye are very friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful time. I liked how many remembered our names. We did quite a few tours that the resort offered. The best times to book are on the days that were discounted. I recommend the canopy zip lining tour, the North Shore tour, and snorkeling beneath the Pitons. There is a very nice beach that is a public beach. There were quite a few boats that pulled up with people to snorkel there. I don't blame them for coming to that beach though; there is very good snorkeling there. We also took one of the resort kayaks and paddled along the coast one afternoon. That was fun and I wished we had more time to do it again and bring a picnic with us. There are only two places to eat at Ti Kaye. The beach restaurant had really good food (burgers, salads, sandwiches). The main restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. For dinner they have a select number of main courses which was hard on my picky eater husband but everything we ate was absolutely delicious and I tried some new things (banana chicken, spicy pepper pot). Wednesday night there was a manager's cocktail hour followed by a caribbean buffet which was really good too. There are no other restaurants that are close to the resort. You would have to get a taxi or have a rental car to drive to the next town. Another thing I recommend is having a spa treatment. I got a Ti Kaye massage and loved it! Some recommendations I have for people going to Ti Kaye: 1) Bring bug spray. No matter where you go on the island there will be mosquitos. 2) Land in the Castries airport (St Lucia Vigie). It is 40 min from the resort vs 90 min from the other airport. 3) There are no tvs in the room. Bring books to catch up on or bring a portable DVD player to watch movies. They do have an IPOD dock station you can listen to your music on. Also the lobby has Wi-Fi to access with your IPAD or laptop. 4) If you are feeling adventurous then rent a car. We rented a car and had no trouble on Grand Cayman Island. St Lucia is another story. There are no street signs in St Lucia and sometimes people don't give you very good directions (we were told to continue down the road but they forgot to mention which way to turn when we came to a fork in the road). It took us almost two hours to get to the resort after we landed on the island when it should have taken 40 min. Plus the roads are windy, there are a lot of hills, and some of the roads aren't well maintained. Once we saw the Ti Kaye sign it was another mile of driving down a mostly gravel one lane drive way before getting to the resort. After taking the North Shore tour our guide pointed out the way to get back to Castries and the airport so we felt comfortable venturing out on our own to see things. We probably used the car only three times out of the seven days we were there. There are lots of places to stay if you visit St Lucia, but Ti Kaye is one of the most unique and beautiful places to stay at. If you are looking for relaxation and tranquility I highly recommend it. I hope to return someday.

Room Tip: We stayed in Le Cottage which was very nice. It would have been neat to have the pool but they were...
1  Thank JAH82_11

Reviewed 30 November 2011

We just got back from our honeymoon and had an amazing time. :) so nice,quiet and peaceful. A true paradise if you wanna get away from everyday car sounds and other city noises. Service was really nice,everybody is so friendly and nice, even a few guys who sell stuff on the beach. Food and cocktails were absolutely amazing, We would deffinitely come back again. :)

The New Yorkers

1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Having just returned from our 13th vacation at Ti Kaye Village in Saint Lucia we thought it was about time to share our view of the resort. Our first visit was in October 2002 shortly after they opened and our most recent was in November 2011. Twelve repeat visits alone should tell the story of our absolute love of the resort, the owner, the manager and all of the people working to make a stay at Ti Kaye a memorable experience. At our recommendation, friends and family have tried Ti Kaye and everyone has been very pleased with their experience, some have been more than once. From the owner to folks grooming the property and everyone in between, all make you feel like you are the center of attention. Our most recent visit was no exception. The resort is small relative to the “big name” resorts that dot the Caribbean, only 35 plus cottages, but the pleasure derived from the experience is huge. Small touches like immediate response to every request go a long way toward insuring a great vacation. Every member of the staff takes a personal interest in every guest. They know you by name and something about you within 24 hours of your arrival. By the time you leave you’ll probably know every other guest and something about them. Forget the cruise ships and big hotels; if you truly want to get away, Ti Kaye is the only place.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are obviously the best (our absolute favorite is I "Inosan" but all are g...
2  Thank Lou and Anne B
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I can't say enough about my stay here...from being picked up at the airport to being served personally by the morning breakfast chef. I will say it is a bit off the beaten path, and will say if you are looking for a "Sandals" type resort look elsewhere...this was the perfect place to relax and disappear. Loved the cottage and lived in the hammock. Food was perfectly fine and not sure why other reviewers have been so harsh...maybe as I can enjoy dehydrated food on a 3 week hiking trip just as I can enjoy fine French cuisine, I think you have to take it for what it's worth...dinners were great and the breakfast buffet was fine. I will say I can highly recommend the burgers' from the beach bar. Excellent - and get the local chips!!! Beach was fine and yes, there are tours that come in...they swim and snorkel and for the most part leave the hotel guests and areas alone. The road there is a bit rough but will say staying at the exclusive Jade Mountain as I did, the drive/driveway there was absolutely no better. So, Tripadvisor commentors, it seems the same island wide. We actually would jog the hilly driveway each morning to burn of calories (hamburgers and drinks) for the day. The hotel is off the beaten path, and there are no TV's in the rooms, if you are looking for a resort/American style room/cottage with WIFI and cable TV than look elsewhere...but if you are looking to reconnect with another, finish books, take great naps, not be distracted, and /or just get away from everything, then this place is a perfect establishment for that. I will be back, very very soon. Highly recommend!!!! I will update this and add photos as soon as I can crop them down to size...Please write me if you have any questions!

Room Tip: Get a room with the private pool...so worth it. You are there - why not?!?!?!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MentallyOnHoliday
Reviewed 24 November 2011

To start i'm a 35 yr old male from MD who has traveled extensively throughout Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Panama, Jamaica, Europe, USA ,1 Aruba and Europe. I've stayed at high end and low end budget hotels and resorts. I'm a chef as well.
Upon arriving at Tikaye with my parents, I was greeted by Lita . She was extremely gracious and served us a welcome fruit cocktail drink. The entrance way was small, but opened up into a nice common sitting area, with the restaurant behind, and behind the dining area was an incredible view of the carribbean . Tikaye is built on top of a high cliff with views that are awe inspiring. The commons area has some nice comfortable sitting areas with wifi Internet which worked better on some days than others. If you sit between the bathrooms and the front office the service was great.
Our bags were carried to our room for us. We had a two queen bed room that had magnificent views. The closet was large and very nice hardwoods. All windows had handmade slats and shutters. Ceiling fans and ac units worked very well. We would open the windows in the day, and shut them as the sun went down to keep the bugs out. There were mosquito nets above the beds that I would recommend utilizing at night, as you are in the rainforest. The front porch has a separate door that locks for extra security. The beds had fresh flowers every day placed on them and swanss made with towels by the maids. There were quite a few steps to get up to the room from the main road, which was also a small walk from the main lobby. I actually enjoyed the walks, but for some older people, handicapped, or heavier people it may be harder. The porch had a small table, chairs, hammock and swing, all which you could take in the view at. The floor was tile, there was a desk and chair in the room as well, a small refrigerator, that you could have stocked if you chose, a coffee maker and hot tea. There were lamps and plenty of lights that you could switch on from the bedside as well as by the doors. There was a clock/ alarm radio that had a dock for an iPod or iPhone with speakers, which was a real nice touch. The bathroom was awesome with a handcrafted large mirror, tile sink was a pedestal style sink. Bathroom had a door to the bedroom and a door to the outside. Through the out side door was an outdoor rainforest shower that had tropical plants and flowers in it! The shower was walled in with high walls for privacy. There was even a palm tree growing out of the plant bed in the shower. The shower wall had a really nice mosaic tiled lizard. A little bench to sit at and change after the shower or to place your clothes on. I loved using this shower. Other rooms for an upgrade had a private plunge pool. Next time I'll stay in one of them, as it wasn't much more money.
I met the maids and groundskeepers all who explained what some of the local fruit trees were that I didn't know about, and even offered to make me a special juice with them if I wanted. They were so nice and smiling all the time. They were proud of their country.
The beach is quite a steep walk down alot of steps, which again may be rough on some people . Me being young and in shape made it up or down in notime. 80% of the way down you pass alittle bathroom for use for the beach and beach restaurant. It needs a little more attention sometimes to be honest. Then you pass the scuba shop and beach restaurant. A few more steps down you hit the beach, cross over a small short footbridge over a little creek. The beach is fairly long in a secluded bay with coral reef at both ends. Very calm waters and safe to swim in. Plenty of beach chairs with storage between them for bags and towels. There are plenty of kayaks to use and snorkels at the dive shop. We brought our own , and the snorkeling was amazing. If you go all the way to the right side of the beach and swim out 50 feet you will see reef in water of 5-25 feet. I saw many species of fish, rays etc... And many types of coral and fan. I then took a kayak out to the wreck, tied up to a buoy and held the line as I swam the length of the wreck and dove down to get a better look. I kayaked about almost all the way to the pitons in less than 35 minutes one way. I stopped off at a few secluded beaches. It rained for 10 minutes than stopped, and was sunny again . The beach at Anse Chochon was very clean and there weren't many people there. I met Rainbow and Sylvester. I bought some nice gifts from Rainbow , he wasn't pushy at all and was even helpful with the kayaks too. Sylvester was nice I had a good conversation with him about local produce and living the Rasta way of life.
The beach restaurant had very good food local fish with local chips(plaintains etc..). On e of the servers there was very nice the other was a little annoyed it seemed when she had to work, but after I cracked a joke and got her to smile she was more pleasant. The piton beers is very good, it reminds me of a corona.
The main resaturant was hit or miss for food. Some food was horrible some was great. I had some fish dished that were awesome. The pepper pot stew was tough and super salty. Thai night was a miss for sure. Breakfast some mornings was eggs made to order waffles , French toast etc.. Other mornings was just fresh bread, cereals, bagels, cheeses, meats, melons, bananas , etc.. Yogurts too. Coffee and tea was brought to the table with your own cream and cane sugar. There were always fresh fruit juices as well. All in all breakfast was very good. I'd usually take extra yogurts and fruit back to the room and keep them in the fridge for late nights or snacks on the beach after swimming. The servers were all very gracious and good. The lady that sat us at the front some nights was a little short though, but again a joke got a smile out of her and made her more pleasant. There was a new bar with really big flat screen tv( there aren't tvs in the cottages, which I actually like) for those that want to keep up with news or sports, but don't spend too much time watching tv or you'll miss all the things that are nice in St. Lucia. The bartender was nice and had a huge book of drinks you could have him make. Clues the wine dude def. Knew his wines and what to pair with what foods. I didn't take the wine tasting but I heard many good things about it. The road coming in to the hotel was very long and bumpy, but I heard it was to help with the seclusion , by keeping it less accessible to the general public. There are a few catamarans that come in with swimmer and snorklers or divers during the day, but it didn't effect my snorkeling whatsoever. In fact some people that have less experience may see it as a benefit, because it can make you feel more comfortable to know there are other people close by when you are that far out in the water.
I would probably rent a vehicle next time if I was there longer to venture out to the different fish frys and the jump off. I was only there for 3 days and didn't want to leave. Afterwards I went to Calabash Cove which was not in the rainforest. Not a nice swimming beach, overpriced, a poor value and very Americanized food with little to no local fish on the menu. Needless to say I was wanting to go back to Tikaye!!
The value was great at Tikaye, I would def return and recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: September 2011
5.5 km away
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
24.3 km away
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK