“Poor show!”
Review of Park Plaza

Park Plaza
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Faridabad
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I went to this hotel with an expectation that it would stand upto its name of a good hotel with a great restaurant, similar to the one in Gurgaon, Haryana. However to my dismay the experience of the restaurant was extremely poor. Firstly, if you are asked to wait then you must guided to an area where you can wait and not told to "pls bear with us". I would rather be asked to sit along with my family in some area than just stand there as if I am waiting in a queue of a bus stand. finally when our turn came, food was half empty and there were no refills done. I could not find the manager there else this review would have been a live show! Only because I was with my family and carrying a guest I had to just digest the poor quality food. Only the Dal was a saviour. When came the turn of the sweets there were hardly any sweets left on teh table courtesy a group of 20 people had just finshed the entire table. No refills again!! Dejected with not having any sweets, we left with a sad and poor experience, not to forget the vouch taken on never to go there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback. The inconvenience experienced by you is indeed very disturbing. I have shared this with the team members concerned and will ensure that this is not repeated. We view this very seriously and see it as an opportunity for us to improve our services. Meanwhile allow me to assure you that corrective measures have been taken to avoid any future re-occurrence.

Exceeding Guest expectation has been our constant endeavor. And I would like to add that we are constantly upgrading our services and facilities to meet with the comfort levels expected by a modern day traveler.

Once again I would like to thank you for the constructive feedback and reassure that Park Plaza, Faridabad is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance.

Saibal Sengupta

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

This hotel was booked for me by my client, so I have no comment on value. It has 4-star finishes with some 2-star workmanship behind it. For example, the shower floor was sloped the wrong direction and there was peeling paint visible at several locations in the hotel. However, the flooring was nice and I liked the bathroom. The guy who complained about the shower shooting to the back apparently was incapable of basic shower operation. Yes, the power goes out, but this is in India and the hotel has no control over it. That is why they have backup generators! Also, I never had an issue with hot water. The service in the hotel was very nice. The restaurant always had a nice spread and service was almost always right there to help with anything. I had a crazy early flight when I left and told the restaurant about it the night before. They prepared me a nice boxed breakfast. Just what I wanted! I was disappointed the fitness center and pool were not in yet. I was very happy with my room. The layout was nice, and the bed was comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job everyday. Yes, the hotel is not located next to anything; but it was close for business. If I go back to that site for work, I will stay at this hotel again. I would like the internet connection to be faster so I can Skype.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback. The inconvenience experienced by you is indeed very disturbing. I have shared this with the team members concerned and will ensure that this is not repeated. We view this very seriously and see it as an opportunity for us to improve our services. Meanwhile allow me to assure you that corrective measures have been taken to avoid any future reoccurrence.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I booked this hotel for my bro who came from sydney this september,he liked this hotel compared to his last visit in another hotel in faridabad.They have a english pub in the hotel which is only pub in faridabad..excellent music selection with all types of booze present.The staff is courteous ,they told me they are coming up with pool and gym,spa shortly.Keep it up guys....

Room Tip: Rooms facing the colony is peaceful and nice..
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank peppy s

Dear Sir,

We wish to place on record our sincere gratitude for sparing your valuable time and sharing the priceless feedback.

Needless to say that your feedback would motivate the entire team and encourage each one of us to elevate the standard of services.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Palza, Faridabad I would once again like to thank you and look forward to another opportunity to serve you in near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Was on a business trip to Faridabad. Got to the hotel directly from the airport (IGI) and hence no cab driver knew about the location. Its quite difficult to know the directions from the NH-2 if you (and the cabbie) are new to the area!
Hotel is new (opened earlier this year) so only partly functional. The swimming pool was not operational and the staff quite in-experienced. Room service was ok....food options were quite broad and could get some good dinner late in the night (11:30pm).
Breakfast spread was decent and good.
The rooms are good but the bath design is quite awful! I dont know if people miss the practicality while desinging these things....the wash basin is such funnily oriented that the water splashes all over!! dont tell me if i didnt warn you about it!
The internet is quite lousy....though its free. My data card was much faster than the hotel connection.
So overall wouldnt recommend this hotel for the price charged. There are better hotels around this one for the price I paid (INR 5K).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Ptat14
FOMPPF, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

“Dear Sir, We appreciate your valuable Comments & Sincerely apologies for the Inconvenience caused, We have taken your suggestions very seriously & would be acting fast to resolve them. Signage we are already in the process of installing & as there are some technical fault at the design of our wash basin we are working for some concrete solution of the problem.
We once again sincerely Thanks you for bring such issues to our notice which would help us in to serve our guest in a batter way.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

It is difficult to know where to start to review this disgracefully bad hotel
If it passed itself off as what it is a one maybe two star establishment maybe I would not be inclined to be so harsh however, pass yourself off as a high star high end business hotel and expect to be criticized when you fail to perform.
Check in was shambolic, I had booked a long time previously (I effectively had no choice as it is close to where I would e working). I arrived at about midnight and it was as if it was great surprise to them. Great play was made of price including a welcome drink, I think it was orange juice but I cant be sure but it was certainly a long time since it had seen an orange!
The lifts are a masterpiece of fussy over design over functionality, its almost impossible to call them as you need some strange Apple Mac style finger swiping combination to get any response from the pad. Then be very careful as the doors close fast and hard and if you are in the way that hard luck, I know as I have the bruised elbows to prove it.
The rooms too are over fussy but combined with tawdry. Coffee coloured marble sits proudly alongside beige laminate, it looks cheap and nasty. The standard of finish of everything is low doors do not fit there is paint on mirrors etc.
Shower is a hideous trial the overhead shower head floods the bathroom- the hand held one cannot be used clipped into wall as it sends a jet of water horizontally across the stall. You have to resort to shower in the splash back from the opposite wall.
That is however as nothing compared to 24 hours plus without hot water, power outages are frequent. The staff reaction I will attend to it and then don’t even move to call anyone. On that note the the staff in general are intrusive and woefully inefficient. It is almost as though they have seen a movie of a hotel and are trying to copy it – and failing.
The basin in the bathroom is Kohler brand and has been carefully designed to ensure that by turning on the tap you flood the room. It is so steeply angled that water cannot possibly stay inside the bowl area.
The beds are soft and very uncomfortable, pillows likewise. In the evening set out for you are hotel slippers, which is lovely so long as you don’t mind wearing dirty recycled items.
They keep telling me it’s a new hotel – it already looks old and tired, in a year it will look like some low end flop house.
The gym is not open, the pool is not open, nor are several of the restaurants.
The view from my room is of a mud patch inhabited by cows, and to the right a rubbish tip and a water pump where local people stand and wash themselves.
The one which is is mediocre at best. Food was served in a very haphazard manner. I sat through a whole meal watching a mound of dirty plates grow in front of me, as all plates cleared from tables were merely left on a side table near the cash register and not taken away. Several waiters added to the pile but in over an hour nobody moved a single dish.
I was served a dessert which had not even been defrosted and I had to send it back. The standard was so low that night that I declined to pay my bill, which they eventually agreed to.
This is a dire hotel I can only suggest that you look elsewhere, it is not worth the money and difficult to commend it for anything.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business