“A Sicilian gastronome on a quest to unveil the very best ARANCINO that can be found!”

Bar Sport di Ferlito Mario
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Trecastagni
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I'm the kind of Italian (Sicilian) who has moved abroad at an early age sort of missing out the delights my native culture is drenched in. As an adult, I have become a connoisseur of fine foods and truly appreciative of any gastronomical excellence; a genuine epicurean, I find myself searching for Sicilian authenticity in a quest to protect and promote my heritage abroad, and this is what has gotten me to take a drive up to Trecastagni with great anticipation. I arrived just around dinner time on Sunday, the place was sort of empty and looked dated and dull, although I do not rely solely on appearance, hence I go ahead and order a couple of arancini al sugo. I could tell straight away I was looking at genuine artisanal rotisserie as the breading was dark and fragrant, and the smell was quite inviting. First bite was a bliss, super crunchy and savoury; the overall sensorial experience was amazing. We are talking about the best arancino I've had so far in Catania, and I have tried quite a few. The sugo was hearty, plenty to fill just about right the inside of it. I did not like the egg part of the recipe as in my opinion it is not part of the truly original one, however this can be overlooked as it is a minor detail. If you get a chance to go out of your way to try it, please do and you'll understand what I mean. Will try the rest of the tavola calda soon (which looked very good as well). This place has been around for many decades for a reason after all. Keep up the authenticity guys!!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

My family heard about Bar Sport and came in after a long day of walking. We were disappointed to see the seats taken up by people on their cell phones who weren't even eating. Our food was great but there wasn't much room to stand and eat or sit and eat.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

I really recommend this Cafeteria especially for sicilian traditional pastries sweets and coffee. All staff speak good English and very friendly.It is in the square of Trecastagni 15 mins from the centre of Catania.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

I decided to start a diet after a visit to bar sport. They have such great sweet things like a croissant filled with with chocolate. Try b4 you die

Reviewed 17 September 2016

We have been there everyday during our holiday for breakfast. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Food is amazing and hot chocolate is exceptional. Very recommended and will return for sure when in the vicinity.