“Birthday dinner”
Review of The Tex Mex

The Tex Mex
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Kavos
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: The Tex Mex is the largest three floored restaurant on the island, youcan find us at the bus terminal in the quiet end of Kavos. Established 2006 we have managed to gain the reputation of the best tex mex restaurant on Corfu. The secret is simply, fresh organic products and a clever blend of tantalising spices. Every thing is created on the premises so customers can adjust meals to their taste.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were so looking forward to our dinner out here, it looks like great, it smells fab, but my god it was so disappointing. I ordered the chicken and steak combo my partner ordered the big mix grill. It was cold, dry and just shocking bad, we told the staff it was so unsatisfactory we would like the bill to leave, the chef appeared down to the table asking what was the issue, we politely explained we were not happy as it was cold and dry, she placed her fingers on the food saying OK the chicken is cold but the steak is not cold, she then went on to ask us about our catering credentials??? My partner went to pay while I waited outside, he was charged the €49,70 which includes 2 drinks, even though it was inedible. AVOID.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (379)

Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

Beautiful food, cooked to perfection! Portions are HUGE, atmosphere is good. Whilst we where here someone did the ‘hell fire burger challenge’ which was fab to see! The whole restaurant get involved! The staff are lovely and friendly, we travelled with our two young children & all the staff made a real fuss of them!

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 22 July 2021

The restaurant had a nice atmosphere and lovely staff, however, the food wasn't the best. We had to wait a while for a food to arrive, and when it did arrive, it didn't all arrive at once, for instance, once all of our table had their meals, i still had to wait another 10 minutes for mine to arrive. I had the chicken fajitas which were nice, but the rest of my party didn't really enjoy their meals as their burgers were dry.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 17 October 2020

Had a huge burger here and daughter had surf and turf which had massive prawns and nicely cooked steak. Shared a cocktail jug which was reasonably priced.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank Shell93NS
Reviewed 7 October 2020 via mobile

We came here for my birthday, and I have to say we all had such a fab night. We arrived to a table decorated with balloons, banners and birthday hats which was a nice touch. The food was lovely, with so many different choices. If you like Mexican you will be in your element. The portions are big too. We had potato skins, chilli wedges, chimichangas and steak and it was all amazing. My mum had a sirloin steak and she said it was divine with not one piece of fat on it. The guys who work here are all great too. Billy, Penny, Stelios and Tim. All very friendly and like to make sure their customers enjoy their food and drinks. Tim also brought me a cocktail on the house for my birthday which went down a treat. Would definitely recommend when visiting Kavos. Good food and a good vibe. Thank you

Date of visit: October 2020