“Lovely Holiday!”
Review of Happy Days Hotel

Happy Days Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Tholos
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first holiday with my children after their Dad and I had split, so I was very nervous to be going with just the kids and my younger sister..

Started off very iffy when we arrived to find out they didn't have a room for us!!! However, after ordering a pizza in for us at 11:30pm, driving us to a different hotel, having breakfast at the other hotel then picking us back up at 8:00am, the holiday finally began (we were annoyed at first but it was only for one night and we're easy going people!!) They also gave us a fabulous room and free Air Conditioning for the week! (Saved us 56€!)

STAFF:
Amazing!! Made a huge effort, especially with my two boys, who they absolutely adored- even if my one-year-old did run around causing mayhem! They hugged them all the time and loved the fact the boys had learnt some Greek words!

FOOD:
7:30- 10:00am Breakfast (I think)
English styled with cereal and also European.
11:00am Snack Time
Cheese Pasties and Sausage Rolls
12:30pm Lunch
Different things but usually pork, pasta, Mediterranean salad, chips.
7:00pm Dinner
Different everyday but along the same lines as Lunch.
(Some people said they only lived on chips, but we ate really well!)

DRINKS:
Soft drinks, Beer and Wine (Red and White) served all day.
Rum, cocktails, Gin, Vodka etc served 6:00pm onwards.

HOTEL:
Stunning, cleaned everyday, grounds tidied constantly, pool wonderful!

FAB HOLIDAY! Very quiet surroundings, VERY quiet. But I would suggest busing it to Old Town Rhodes, it's stunning. We met some amazing people and I'm very thankful for the week we spent there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Happy Days Hotel

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived about 22.45 Thursday evening to be told that they were over booked and were sending me and my 11 year old son to an apartment above Billy's place with free air con and if were not happy we could return in the morning.
No free air con apartment was clean and to quite a high standard but we didn't get a good night sleep due to the noise coming from Billy's place until early hours of the morning and then first thing in the morning while they set up for the day.
Returned to the hotel at 8am and was told that they had upgraded us to a pool view (which I had already paid for) and would discount the air con for the rest of our stay.
I had a feeling this would happen as I had read several reviews stating this had happened to English families in particular.
During our week stay we saw plenty of musical rooms as I'd like to call it. Families trying to check in and being sent here there and everywhere.
The hotel itself is very clean and rooms are cleaned everyday with towels being changed also daily. The towels had seen better days I must say. The rooms are bright and airy and the balcony is a nice size. Air con works and does the job but I found myself switching it off during the night as it gets cold and they only provide a sheet and thin blanket.
The staff are amazing and so friendly really family orientated....Hera the barmaid is a blast and her sense of humour is hilarious.

The owner and little devil dog provided us with plenty of entertainment... while she and the staff chased it around the hotel and grounds.

The food is ok and I'm being very polite by saying ok.... very very repetitive... I found most things bland or really greasy.
Chips everyday... the fresh bread everyday was nice toasted with jam.
Out of 6 nights me and my son either ate or ordered food to go from Billy's place next door. My son is quite fussy but loved everything at Billy's.
The drink selection was again good but felt like there could be more choice. The wine isn't great but I thought the beer was good.
The pool is a good size but on a few days there were lots of bugs floating around.
I got up early every morning to reserve a sun longer for me and my son.... if you leave it till after breakfast chances are you won't get one.
The beach is literally 2 min walk but very pebbly.
I would say this is a family hotel, with ok food, amazing staff, basic clean rooms.
I was on a mummy and son holiday while my daughter was on a daddy and daughter holiday in Cyprus.... the plan was to FaceTime a lot but the hotel wifi kept kicking me out so I was forever trying to log back in.
We met three other English family's on holiday with their daughters and a couple on honeymoon it was nice getting to know everyone.
The only real dampen on our stay was a son group of polish people 7 guys and 2 girls who literally drunk all day and night and just caused chaos.... could be quite intimidating at times but once they left it was really chilled.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ke11ke11
HAPPY DAYS HOTE... T, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Happy Days Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Kelly,
It was a pleasure meeting you and your son.
We hope to see you again!
Kind Regards,
Reception Management Team

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks with husband and 2 teens on an all inclusive basis . We had 2 rooms and the rooms were lovely, bright and airy and clean. The downside was the extra cost for air con which would have set us back €200 + so we decided to go without , which was manageable for our cooler first week but not ideal once the temperature rose in week
2 .
We used the money instead to hire a car fur 4 days and basically travelled the island . Kalithea snorkelling , lindos and the acropolis ,Rhodes town and the mediaeval city and plenty of hidden away tavernas for gorgeous lunches and beautiful beaches on the way through from place to place . Fourni beach and the castle at monolithea were faves with the kids . I enjoyed Anthony Quinn and lassi beach which were calmer seas in clear water .

So the hotel food was good with Greek salad and various meats and Some fish with chips and rice . It just became a bit repetitive, hence the occasional lunch out when
We had the car . The ice cream and snacks of sausage rolls were good and the beer , wine and cocktails were lovely . The all inclusive drinks finished at 10.30pm but there was no limit on the amount of drinks you could have at 10.25 pm and we always took a tray of drinks onto our balcony ( this is when you need to ensure you have your mossie repellent on .. I recommend the jungle formula roll on maximum.. as someone who gets eaten alive in Greece , this seemed to do the trick ) . The staff work relentlessly, the grounds are kept spotless and the dead leaves are swept away twice a day .. it's such a pretty hotel . The bar ladies are this hotels greatest asset .. such hard workers and my teenage son loved hanging out with them in the lobby for the free wifi and drinks on tap ( 7 Up )

The lady owner and her friend with her yappy chiahuha dog ( that looked like an angel dog but was really the devil in disguise) was a scream .

One thing I would suggest is .., more sunbeds ... there's plenty of space for them and it would save the early morning towel reservations . There are lots of seating areas in the way of a nice terrace and a decking area which is lit up beautifully at night .

The hotel is very multicultural
With Germans , Russians , English and polish . Everyone gets on As it's quite a small hotel and we found this to be the Case during our first week.

Overall a lovely relaxing holiday with our own added fun .... yamass ..

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank shazzy111
HAPPY DAYS HOTE... T, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Happy Days Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear client,
Thank you for your review and your suggestions which help us make improvements to our hotel.
Warm Regards,
Reception Management Team

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Hotel is lovely and clean and so are the rooms. Rooms are roomy and no complaints at all there.

The staff are lovely, friendly - especially the female barmaid, she was lush! Drinks are varied and they accommodate anything you want to mix/try!

Pool is lovely, sun loungers all the way around - could just do with a few more so there isn't the morning rush of getting a lounger!

It's ONLY downside was the food.... boring and repetitive. It was like the lunch food was re-dished up for dinner and it was very same old/same old. So much so, we couldn't stomach it after a couple of days and ended up eating out every day. Which is a shame, because everything else was great!

Beach about 800 yard walk, beach not great - shingle not sand.

Would recommend hiring a car and going around the island if you can, it is beautiful and so much to see. The buses stop just outside the hotel and they are cheap and get you about pretty well, especially the Rhodes Old Town which is a must!

No entertainment at the hotel...but that was not a problem for us, we made lots of new friends in the hotel and we made our own entertainment.

Air conditioning is not free, there is a charge. And if you are going in the hot months you definitely need it!

Would I go back. YES! But I would go back B&B as the All Inclusive was not a good deal for us.....unless the uped the anti with the food and I would go All Inclusive again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017

As a couple, we found the hotel to be a brilliant first introduction to the Greek island.

For the price we paid we got what we expected and more.

Summary:

Staff: Hara and the other staff were really friendly and helpful, speaking excellent English.
They definitely made the hotel.

Food: not the best all inclusive, with limited choice and very similar cuisines every day. However, we did not go hungry and the food was well cooked. The "snack time" was either sausage rolls or cheese and onion pastries, and even then they were only served between 11-12 and 5-6.

Drinks: as mentioned above the bar staff were excellent in serving the drinks and even though there was only one bar, you would not struggle to get served quick. Despite this I must note that the drinks were only available between 10:00 and 22:30. The choice between 10:00 and 18:00 was limited to only beer, brandy, ouzo, soft and hot drinks. After 18:00 more was on offer, including cocktails and a range of other spirits. It certainly didn't spoil the holiday but i'd certainly say the time of the bar closing could be later and that there could be more drink choices during the day time.

Rooms: the rooms were presented to a good, clean standard; basically everything you'd expect of a decent, modern 3* hotel that has recently been refurbished. I must note that the A/C is NOT included in the room price and is actually 8EUROS per night if you want this.

Facilities/entertainment: there was not a great deal to do on site. There was a snooker table (2 euros a game) and luckily we made some great friends who we could share a drink with on the nights. However apart from a Greek night which was put on midway through our stay, the entertainment was lacking

Location: if you want a quiet holiday this is a brilliant location. If you want more, it must be noted theres not a lot around the surrounding area unless you go to Rhodes old town (which is a 30 minute taxi away). There is a mini-golf course a 10 minute walk away which we enjoyed and the beach is only a 10 minute walk away too. NOTE: the beach is not sand (its a pebble beach).

In summary, we had a fantastic time at Happy Days and couldn't have asked for much more apart from the little points above.

Thanks to all the staff for making it such an excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elliott T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tholos
1.6 km away
Marathon Hotel
#18 of 34 in Kolimbia
0.4 km away
Filoxenia Hotel Apartments

Been to Happy Days Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK