“Excellent as always”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Visiting Tavernaki for the first time in 15 months, and the standard is as high as ever. Food is super, with a wide, varied choice. Service is first class and friendly.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank MontysMum72

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We went twice to this place, really pleased, great, fresh and tasty food!
Greek cuisine one of the best in the world!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

This restaurant is situated in the port of Kassiopi directly opposite the castle ruins. On our first visit we choose the calamari and thought it was some of the best we had ever had. The different Greek salads were outstanding and also the stuffed aubergine. Very friendly service and the complimentary lemoncello at the end of the meal was a nice touch. This is a popular restaurant and I would recommend booking for the evening in high season.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely spot by the port of Kassiopi!
Amazing view & homemade Greek food!
The staff are so kind, helpful and funny!
Love this place..
You should give it a try if you are in Kassiopi.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We were a table of 13 (they laid an extra place for luck) and they looked after us well. Very good octopus in vinegar. Only problem was that they told me their “granny’s lamb” dish was gluten free and I strongly suspect the sauce contained wheat flour as I had a bad reaction and couldn’t think of anything else I ate that night to have caused a problem. Otherwise good.

1  Thank Gastro100
Tavernaki T, Ιδιοκτήτης at Tavernaki, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about us. Reading though your review we were very suprised of your accusation regarding your nutrition issue. We give great attention to food allergies and having nutrition allergies myself for years I respect and take care of all the special demands regarding our dishes. Moreover given the fact that during the service I am in charge in the kitchen, I can reassure you that "grandma's lamb" is gluten free and the sauce contains corn flour and not wheat flour as you suspect. You can be sure that when a customer specifies a special nutrition problem, we do our best to cater for his demand no matter how busy the kitchen is. Thank you again for choosing to visit our taverna and we hope your next review is more fair.

Kind regards