“Brill”
Review of Casiopia

Casiopia
Ranked #42 of 55 Restaurants in Kassiopi
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 29
Description: Casiopia is the new restaurant located on the port of famous Kassiopi resort in north Corfu. Our purpose is to combine great local recipes and ingredients with a friendly atmosphere and a great view of Kassiopi Harbour.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here. I chose off the slate board & had seafood platter with a glass of wine. It was so reasonable. It had mussels sardines squid & a big prawn... As well as salad & fries...happy days. My other half had chick souvlaki & rice which was also good. Lovely views of the harbour. Great staff.

1  Thank jane j

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Up until now (having been in Corfu a week) I have been disappointed with the backward step Corfu or rather Kalami has taken with regards to vegetarian food. I have found a wonderful restaurant in Kassiopi tho called Casiopia. Not only do they offer vegetarian choices but also vegan. I had the vegetarian souvlaki & it did not disappoint. Definitely gets a 5 thumbs up from me

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was almost full when we went but they found us a table for 4, food was very good, prices more than reasonable for location, service not bad at all for being so busy.

1  Thank elegy
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We ate here three times as the food was delicious. Staff were so friendly and our children loved them. They catered for all dietary requirements and nothing was too much trouble.

3  Thank Joanna H
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Booked a table at this restaurant with high hopes, especially seeing as there was a Vegan menu (my other half is vegan) which is something hard to come by in Corfu! The menu looked good, the restaurant always seems busy, and we has a good atmosphere.
Sadly, we were all in for an evening of disappointment.
First of all, the service was extremely slow. We were seated quickly, but it took about 15 minutes for us to be given a drinks menu, and another 10 or so minutes passed before we even got to order our drinks! We figured by this point, we might be in for a long night. After a bit more of a wait, our starters were ordered and to our surprise brought out swiftly. I will say, all our starters were adequate but still not up to par with other restaurants we'd eaten at in the area. The home made houmous is very good though, I have to admit!
Sadly, we sat with our empty plates for a good 20 minutes after we'd all finished. We were all wondering if they'd ever take them away! When they did, our main meals were brought out almost instantly, which is where the real issues came apparent.
I had the lamb chops in a bbq glaze. I couldn't believe what I had been served personally, a pile of burnt chops with barely any meat on them what so ever, so much so that they almost looked half eaten they arrived! To make matters worse, within 5 minutes, the meal was stone cold. My guests meals were also stone cold by this point, apart from my Mrs who had the vegan stuffed peppers. I tried some of my mothers chicken and it was dry, overcooked and cold. My father's swordfish was the same, and was also not pleased.
If at any point a waitress had come by to ask how our meals were, I would have sent it back. Sadly this didn't happen!
Another 20 minutes (!!!!) passed whilst we were all sat there with-not very empty plates admittedly but was clear we had finished, till a waitress finally came over. She knew instantly there was a problem with my lamb and brought it up. I explained the issues and was utterly gobsmacked with the response I got. She was very un happy with what I had said clearly, and went on to tell me that 'it's meat, that's what happens to meat, it goes cold, what do you expect!' totally confrontational and rude. I stood my ground and explained that meat doesn't go cold in 5 minutes, not to tell me how a meal should be when I myself have eaten at countless restaurants in the area and had nothing short of an extremely pleasant experience and great food. She continued to ask my opinion of why it went cold, and I explained it had obviously been left out under the lights, for too long before being brought out to us. This was completely obvious to me as all meals had arrived warm and gone literally stone cold within minutes. She didn't like this and said 'if you want an argument, let's go and have one'!! My jaw dropped. All of our meals we inadequate and her attitude was disgraceful.
A different waitress (thank god) came and gave us our bill and apologised on her behalf. Just as we were about to leave, she gave us some complimentary deserts. If this hasn't of happened, my review would be a 1 star.
Do some research as there are some incredible restaurants in the area and we have had morning but incredible service and great meals untill we came here. I've also noticed that all the other places around this restaurant have hundreds more reviews, a bit suspicious to me!
Avoid!