“Charming restaurant with great dinning experience!!!”

Antica Macelleria Fai
Ranked #3 of 141 Restaurants in Nardo
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 58
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I spent a few days in Salento for holidays with some friends. Besides their amazing beaches, I was introduced to this restaurant #antica #macelleria #fai in Nardo by a local whom I met on the beach. The food was amazing so was the service. The restaurant has a very cool concept! Basically it is a butchery that expanded into a full service restaurant. As a result, the meat is very fresh and customers can go pick and choose what kind of meat they want for dinner and instruct the chef how they want the meat to be prepared. The server also provides you a special collection of Salt to add to your meat (such as the red salt from Hawaii). You pay based on how much or how little of meat you want for your meal. For example, I selected a slice of horse meat, a T bone from Galician (Spain) cow, two pork fillet wrapped/filled with cheese, as well as a local specialty (various organs wrapped in small intestine - served deep fried!!! I was in my adventurous mood and decided to give it a try! I LOVE it.)

Their appetizers are equally great such as the capocollo di Martina Franca and the burrata di bufala (mozzarella). The chef’s specialty is her pastry skills. We ordered something that she newly created - imagine a soufflé but with melted white chocolate inside something like a pond cake texture topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and fresh raspberry jam. Utterly delicious!!!

When I return to Salento in the future time, I will come here again!!! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We went spontaneously and were absolutely positiv surprised....
Great meat quality and very nice ambiance...

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

the service was impecable, they try to accomodate non italian customers very well, at least one waitress speaks english but they all try . the meat was absolutely amazing, we chose our meat out of the counter of the butcher - it was awesome!!!! must try this place!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I love beef, if fact we farm it. This was one of the best steaks I have had. We opted for the angus entrecôte, the marbling was excellent. Cooked to perfection. Only one of the three waitresses spoke English but we got by. Definitely worth a visit for the meat lovers out there.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

In an alley off the main square, the unique selling point is that the restaurant had a butchers attached and the meat was good but I thought expensive compared to other places locally. What I didn’t like was the alley where you sit smelt strongly of urine. There had been a concert nearby the day before and I wondered if the area was used a toilet. The staff were aware of the problem but seem resigned to it. I also thought the service was a bit hit and miss. Not the best place we visited in Nardò