All reviews atlas mountains beautiful hotel berber village swimming pool two nights tagine roof terrace ouirgane bungalow guide morocco fireplace
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Set in lovely location, this was our coffee and cake stop after a slow drive from Marrakech. Sitting in the lovely gardens around a pretty pool that didn't look quite clean enough to use with confidence, it was a shame to find the inner areas of the hotel shabby and dirty. They say you can always judge a place that serves food and drink by the state of its toilets. If that's true, then Chez Momo II is not a place I'd like to stay over or eat dinner at. Dirty hand towels, dusty corridors and a toilet that clearly hadn't had a good clean in quite a while. I think we'll leave it as a place for a coffee rest only, at least until they get the fundamentals right.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I can only wonder what Chez Momo 1 is like because 11 is like an entry in a garden show. The garden is just gorgeous and with the pool, and the Atlas Mountains in the background, it looks completely magical. The suite was well sized and I had a comfortable night's sleep. Better collect all your emails before you arrive though as it has poor internet reception probably because of its location. In any case you'll love this hotel. It could take years off your life.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

An amazing holiday, spending time with amazing people and staying in an amazing hotel. Chez Momo certainly exceeded my expectations. From the well kept gardens (I was eating fresh figs from their tree), to the wholesome Moroccan food and extremely helpful staff. The rooms were clean daily and well presented. Ill be coming back with my family. This definitely a place to visit if you want to relax and be with the Atlas Mountains.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2017

We walked here from our base in Ouirgane with our local guide, enjoying beautiful winter scenery on the way and visiting the lake, being more than ready to sit down for lunch after about 3 hours' walk. We sat outside at a shady table (though sun hats are provided!) and enjoyed the lovely garden setting by the pool. Inside looked very cosy and inviting too. The food was good, but not as good as some of the wonderful meals we have enjoyed in Morocco and the service was a little haphazard. I think the setting is the main drawcard. After lunch we continued on our walk, stopping by Domaine de la Rosaraie for mint tea before getting back to our base in Ouirgane.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

About 60km outside marrakech in the Atlas Mountains. This restaurant / boutique motel is situated above a lake and surrounded by olive trees with the night Atlas Mountains in the background. Snow covered the top of the mountain range. We sat up on a wide open terrace with such views. The air was cool and crisp. We had Moroccan chicken and vegetable tagines for main course. Appetizers was a variety of local salads, eggs, olives and home backed bread. All were truly delicious. Flowed by fresh fruits and other hole made sweets plus Moroccan tea. I didn't want to leave the place. Gorgeous and relaxing.

Stayed: January 2017