“Wow”

Moscabianca
Ranked #12 of 109 Restaurants in Scicli
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 45
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Description: In the heart of the baroque city of Scicli. MOSCABIANCA want to leave in you an indelible mark of an unique culinary experience. The best grilled meats and a long leavening pizza. We are also specialized on Gluten-Free. So You can select everything you like from our menù, all is available Gluten-Free.
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

My uncle from England and I traveled to Sicily to visit the site of Montalbano one of his favorite detective series. Our first stop in Sicily was Scicli and we rented a small apartment. When asked where to eat the answer was right next door at Moscabianca. So we tried it and loved it. The place does expect reservations but took us anyways. The staff of waitresses and waiters were fantastic, friendly and enthusiastic about their restaurant. You could feel their pride in working there and serving visitors. (We actually went two times in our stay). The food is reasonably priced and the wine selection is perfect. There was everything on the menu from pizza to steaks. I could write a heck of a lot more but suffice it to say, if I ever came back to Scicli I would eat here again.

The wait staff sets this place apart. I wish I could name them all by name but each as an individual and as a team were one of the best I have ever had the pleasure to meet on my travels.

Date of visit: May 2018
GiusA76, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Moscabianca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Hi Jon M, many thanks for your review.
We remember you and your uncle as two of our likeable customers.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Recommended by a local we went to this restaurant specifically wanting a good pizza....and it was a great pizza. Lovely outside seating - only Italy has this type of amazing piazza with old buildings all around, with seats in the middle. Felt like being back in time.

Interesting menu, although every table seemed to order chips as a sharing starter - not very Italian, but what do I know.

Pizzas were great, wine by the glass and lady owner (Camilla) was brilliantly helpful, funny and warm.

Very busy the whole time we were there.

Go there if Scicily, you cannot go wrong.

Forgot to mention that very reasonable pricing as well.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

If you want just pizza this might be your favorite place. Unfortunately we took also gnocchis with lamb (14 eur for 20 tiny gnocchis and hardly 20g of meet) which were really bad. I don't mind small portions in gastronomic restaurants but in a place which serves margheritas for 5 eur its very surprising. The fisch dish we choosed looked really nice, unfortunately the fish, even though not too warm when served, was overcooked and rather dry, so another disappointment. At least pizza margherita made a day for kids.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Such a surprise and delight in the heart of downtown Scicli - eating outside with a perfect breeze of salty wind from the coast is just the top of the excellent cuisine there. I love the airy pizza, the sea menu in combination with tasty wine and family like friendly service. But my highest recommendation goes for the dessert! Delicioso!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 15 May 2017

We went to this restaurant based on a recommendation by our hotel and were told it was a traditional Osteria. Arriving, we found out that they mainly served pizza (some traditional but mostly some modern variations with non-standard ingredients). The pizzas were lovely (fresh ingredients, tasty and great crust), but having expected a traditional restaurant, we were slightly disappointed to be told that other than pizzas the restaurant only served a set menu (and that the other dishes mentioned on the menu were not available). Maybe we misunderstood the waitress though (as their English and our Italian were equally bad :-) Atmosphere was ok - slightly hectic at times but that's probably to be expected when going to a popular local restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2017