“Great hospitality, amazing tastes, great location”
Review of My Name is Tannino

My Name is Tannino
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Scicli
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 57
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Small place not on any road, between old convent and stream channel, mostly local folks at other tables. On lovely warm autumn evening, sat outside for a wonderful relaxed experience. Were welcomed with starting appies followed by great Sicilian wines by the glass with local slow food small plates as paired by the restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 17 October 2018

We came upon My Name Is Tannino and, thinking it was just a bar in a nice location we stopped for a drink. We left several hours later, having tried a variety of wines, some of which were not on the wine list and having sampled a number of dishes from their menu - the Italian equivalent of tapas, and pasta - all very good and some quite unusual. The staff were lovely and very knowledgeable about the wines they were serving, and we had such a great evening that we went back the next night - and we were then extremely disappointed to find it closed the evening after (Monday night - be warned!). If you go at the weekend you will need to book a table.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Sit out in the Sicilian night by the dried storm channel that runs through the town (what is it like when it rains in the winter?) at cleverly carpented wooden tables resting on the old walls, and watch the lights come on as the darkness falls. Drink a glass of lovingly selected organic wines - should have had the whole bottle...a tiny place cut into the stone arches below the church and the main square. Intimate and quiet. Menu small but perfectly formed - much imagination and soul has gone into My Name is Tannino. Maybe not the place for a slow and lingering meal but certainly worth a visit. Recommend.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Great location but the food wasn’t as good as we expected it to be. We’ve been touring Sicily for a week now and had the most amazing food...we thought My name’s Tannino would deliver the same quality but it didn’t...my pasta with prawns was eatable but didn’t blow my mind...prices are higher that average. Service was great. Shame the food wasn’t a match for the location and the courtesy of our waiter.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

A place to pay a visit while you are in Scicli. Courtesy and competence are the best words to describe Andrea and is mate. Delicious is the best summary to talk about the food. Great reccommandation about pairing wine(s). Appreciated as well the environmental friendly touch using compostable cutlery and plate.

Date of visit: July 2018