For our families' first trip to Koh Samui we chose the Dara as a lot of peole had written positive reviews about it. Initially i was put off when we arrived at the dara as it is situated on a very busy road and so does not have the immediately obvious spectacular frontage that many other hotels have. My husband and I stayed here for 8 night with 5 young people (ages 12-20) and they all loved it. The greatest asset of the Dara is its location. Everything is on your doorstep: shops, restaurants, markets and it is only a few minoute away from the airport. In particular the service here was second to none. Despite the very busy morning breakfast room the ataff waiting on were efficient and pleasant. There was the usual buffet which was good but could perhaps have benefitted from a more varied choice of wholemeal cereals and breads. In addition to the breakfast buffet, orders could be taken for a variety fantastic egg type breakfasts, porridge or pancakes. Whilst we didn't eat any other meals here given our proximity to so much else if the chef's work at breakfast was anything to go by....The rooms were very nice and reasonably spacious. The Dara's position right on the beach is idyllic and there never seemed to be a problem finding a sunbed. The water is extremely shallow though - too shallow for swimming but in addition there is a lovely pool. Service at the bar was good, especially the cocktails! each day you would be left a couple of bottles of water which we'd supplement from the many local shops and sore in the minibar fridge provided.
All in all a good choice if you want good service, a good location with an excellent breakfast menu!
I would rcommend this hotel for anyone who likes to be in the hub of things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dara Samui has beachfront location centrally located on Chaweng beach and walking distance to shopping and night life areas. Hotel offers free high speed WIFI in all rooms. Rooms size start from 42-128 sqm or 455 sq ft - 1380 sq ft with full Air Conditioned rooms. The hotel is a 4-star Thai Lanna-style boutique resort with 4 rooms categories. Relaxing, sports activities or shopping, whatever is your pleasure all are within easy reach at Darasamui. You never run out of things to do, unless you wish to. 2 Restaurants, 1 Bar,Swimming Pool, Beach, Sun Deck, Concierge and many more facilities are awaiting you... Try once at our Best Romantic Beach restaurant "Dara Serene" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Nozio Netplan srl and Ctrip TA so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng