My Husband and I spend the Christmas brake 2011 there.
My first impression was negative, due to the arrival to the hotel and the reception staff, which was not as friendly and welcoming as in other Thai Hotels we stayed before.
The rooms are very large, very clean and comfortable, really quite but unfortunate the balcony lets you down. There is no view over the beach or city, so all you see is some roofs from next door hotel. Also the Resort is very narrow and limited in space and feels cramped.
like on large hallway.
The pool, due to bad weather, was not access- able during the first 2 days and neither was the beach as the waves came up to the entrance of the Hotel. So space around the pool was limited and poorly managed by the staff.
This is not a hotel for kids, so all families should stay away, the setting of the pool and the beach is to limited to give enough space to accommodate Families.
The Breakfast was OK, all dishes are prepared in the kitchen, and the buffet is limited. A bit more variety would have been nice on the healthy options. The Restaurant Staff was very friendly but the pools staff was lazy at times and we had to wait some time to get lounges or drinks delivered to the pool.
Wireless WiFi is only available at the pool or reception with is a complete let down,
also the TV channels are very limited with only one movie channel to choose from.
Overall Rating/ For an overnight stay , or a weekend its OK but not for longer.
I would not stay there again, as there are much nicer resort on the Main Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dara Samui has beachfront location centrally located on Chaweng beach and walking distance to shopping and night life areas. Hotel offers free high speed WIFI in all rooms. Rooms size start from 42-128 sqm or 455 sq ft - 1380 sq ft with full Air Conditioned rooms. The hotel is a 4-star Thai Lanna-style boutique resort with 4 rooms categories. Relaxing, sports activities or shopping, whatever is your pleasure all are within easy reach at Darasamui. You never run out of things to do, unless you wish to. 2 Restaurants, 1 Bar,Swimming Pool, Beach, Sun Deck, Concierge and many more facilities are awaiting you... Try once at our Best Romantic Beach restaurant "Dara Serene" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, EaseMyTrip, HotelQuickly, Nozio Netplan srl and Ctrip TA so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng