1,188 results
All reviews hillside room hill side rooms are huge koh samui chaweng beach main part low tide massage places breakfast staff happy hour welcome drink fantastic holiday tuk tuk bars and restaurants dvd player egg station pool side
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I was here for three nights and was really pissed. I booked at novotel beach resort and got a room on the other side of the street. The hotel looks from the novotel website like a new hotel. In fact it’s real old one with bad real bad odor in the rooms.

The mattress was such old, already had the “U” shape. When I leaved the hotel, I had pains in the back.

The air conditioning was broken too, noisy like an offshore power station an temperature was not real adjustable.
The cover of the AC was hanging inside the room.

The wooden floor had some gaps.

The balcony door a big gap too. Let some mosquitos warmly welcome!

I told all the things to the front desk and all what they replies was: “we are sorry, we are sorry”

Generally it’s a real bad hotel in a five star price range.

Better to book another hotel and spend some money for food and drinks.

This is not recommendable!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Christian K
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The facilities are 3* at best but the staff are some of the most friendly I have come across in Thailand. They make you feel taken care of. I think that beats a fancy hotel with awful service. (Which I’ve experienced many times).

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018

PROS :- spacious rooms
Cons :- staff doesn't understand English, bad food, small pool, away from central mall.

so all in all if u are considering this hotel just for staying purpose then its good. the only and only one benefit of this property is the big spacious room and attentive staff. they always came when called for room cleaning or any other help. the only problem was language.
Our stay was ok as we were mostly out. Don't ever thing of eating food.

Room Tip: Both side rooms are spacious
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This resort might be a good choice for families with small children...plenty of pools, large rooms, even program at beach restaurant...located on Chaweng beach but far from noise of night life (10 minutes walking distance)...beach was quite clean, if you walk couple steps towards city you can enjoy also services (massage, etc.)

As for hotel...it can use some renovations but staff was trying to be helpful and carrying

The restaurants served good food but you can find cheaper restaurants near the hotel
As for breakfast - doesn’t matter on time we came, there was always plenty of food...

As for 4-star hotel...there is still some improvement needed - I would say a good 3-star for now

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank AlexC10341
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I booked 5 nights at Novotel Samui Resort Chaweng Beach Kandaburi via booking.com (~$300/night/family room) It's a first time I stay in such a stupid room, the main door open to TOILET, you have go through the toilet to enter the bedroom, It was very inconvenient when the whole family can see you (and smell) while you peeing or pooping. I asked the front desk for a new room with separated restroom but they said all family rooms are designed like that , then they brought in a ugly curtain. Furniture are old and towels are turning yellow. You can have breakfast by the beach but the food was mediocre! A lot mosquito !

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family