I don't really want to rave about this hotel, because it may encourage too many people to go and we'll have trouble getting a room! This is in a super location on the absolutely beautiful Chaweng beach. Chaweng is very touristy and has loads of bars, restaurants, and of course massage parlours, but when you have had enough of that, you just return to the peace and tranquility of the Centara. it is beautifully kept, the gardens are lovely, the staff helpful and friendly and the food is excellent. The rooms are spacious, and we had a lovely sea view from our balcony. We paid 500 baht a week for internet access which was well worth it - access is good all over the hotel. The themed dinners were beautifully presented and good value - the only thing that bumps up the price is the cost of wine, but that is expensive wherever you go I think.
There were one or two little niggles - we arrived at about 10:30 p.m. and our room was not ready, and neither was the one that a very embarrassed front desk assistant showed us as the alternative. After 3 days, I had to enquire how often the towels were changed (answer every day) because ours had not been, and in that climate they tend to remain damp.
We hardly used the pool because the beach is so lovely and the sea is warm and great for swimming, but it is quite a good pool, not overcrowded, and there is a jacuzzi too.
Overall it was one of our best holidays ever, and we are DEFINITELY going back - same hotel, same room if we can get it, but most of the rooms have a good outlook over the sea.so it's not a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng