“Great pizza, awesome location in Chaweng”
Review of Spago'

Spago'
Ranked #36 of 248 Restaurants in Chaweng
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 21
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Thai, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: It's lively and fun. It's vibrant and exciting. It's a bar and a restaurant. It serves excellent Mediterranean and Thai cuisine. Its prices are incredibly reasonable. It's in the very heart of the bustling Chaweng Beach Road (opposite Chaweng Garden Beach Resort). And its name is Spago.
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped into Spago for a late lunch on a day spent in Chaweng. Firstly in a fantastic location; plenty of shopping, massages and taxis as well as the beach. Food came quickly; cocktail was very sweet but freshing, bruschetta was very garlicky- but didn’t bother us, and pizza was great from a wood fire oven- lots of flavour and cooked perfectly! A few issues with all staff understanding English; but got by just fine. Well priced!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My husband wanted pad thai, I felt like meat and veg (as one often does when travelling) so when we happened upon Spago, with its thai / italian / western menu, we were happy.

Located in downtown Chaweng, Spago is in the heart of the liveliest district on the island.

Service here was excellent, the young lady who attended to us was superb. Friendly, knowledgable and highly capable.

We started with bruscetta and it had way too much raw onion and garlic.

Pad Thai was delicious, generous and piping hot.

My grilled chicken breast with mash and veg was just ok. The chicken was overcooked and shrivelled up. It was difficult to cut and almost inedible. On the otherhand, mash was yum and the plate of veg was full of fresh, crisp tasty vegetables.

Drinks were quick and service in cold glassed with plenty of ice.

$value was very good considering the overall quality of the food.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Service was horrible, we ordered 2 drinks and only received one which isn’t a big deal, but then my crab pasta (for a crab pasta you wouldn’t have known it was with the smallest amount of crab in it) came with bruschetta that we didn’t even order, pasta was advertised as fresh pasta but it wasn’t even freshly made pasta but packet bought, I finished my pasta and my partners pizza came after 20 mins of receiving my meal.

The dough was horrible nothing like an authentic Italian pizza dough you should get, it was hard not soft and light proper wood oven dough. Will definetly not go back, staff doesn’t even talk English we asked for the 4 cheese pizza with prosciutto and she looked at me nodded yes but never even got it. Then started talking to me in Thai and I said I’m not Thai, but doesn’t speak in English so not sure what the question even was.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Came twice during our stay as the food was very good and well priced. I had pizza the first time and pasta the second. A nice thin crust on the pizza, cooked in a pizza oven. The lasagne was very tasty but did feel like a child's portion, so not sure I would order again. The wine was also well priced but could have been colder. I would definitely recommend sitting upstairs away from the noise and traffic.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Usually i don't give 5 stars to restaurants. Especially in Thailand. But here everything was perfect. We ordered the cream and mushrooms pasta and it was one of the best i tasted. The service is great and fast and i highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Leo T