We have just returned from our third stay in Thailand, this time celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We decided to stay here after reviewing many hotels. We booked last year, before the really negative reviews started to appear and it wasn't cheap. We had booked a premier room again after reading the reviews, what a big mistake.
We arrived at 7pm, to find our room was not ready, this was not good enough. We were taken to the beach to wait, given a free cocktail and nearly 45m later, eventually taken to our room. The room itself was ok, not what i expected in terms of position, the very first one, with a completely enclosed terrace with very little day light able to filter through and right next to the pathway, although screened by bamboo it is hardly private.
After travelling for 20 hours, we ran the water for the jacuzzi bath, after 30m we had filled it about halfway, when by mistake i hit the jet button and was appalled to see the most disgusting black debris coming out of the jets. We showered instead !!
We informed the front desk on our way out, having left the water for them to see and asked them to clean it properly.
We asked to change rooms the following morning, couldn't face another bath in that room, were told we could move the following day. Asked why we wanted to move I explained that along with the bathroom, we wanted a room with more light and some sort of view. The following day told it would be the next day, at this point I realised we would not be moving and as we had paid up front we were stuck.
The standard of cleaning was poor, in the 6 days we stayed our terrace was not swept once, hairs on the couch were not ours, and the general feel of the room and bathroom especially, was not clean
As stated in other reviews the food and drinks are very expensive. Breakfast is adequate if you do not want eggs, two staff cooking when we were there but neither one was able to cook anything beyond the usual omelette.
The charge for wifi was very high compared to the free service we had in both Bangkok and Phuket.
I am really disappointed that we stayed here, a room not ready just after 2pm is ok, but to arrive at 7pm and still have to wait is unacceptable, and to make matters worse we were charged full price for drinks just 2 mins after happy hour finished, on our anniversary!!!
I agree with other reviews there is a lot of penny pinching here, a lot of staff, especially reception staff are unable to "understand" when you have any problem but when it comes to money they are able to understand completely.
Finally, I appreciate that many men visit for more than the usual tourist reasons, what i did not expect was a hotel of this standard would allow the "guests" certain men met onto the premises where they would then proceed to be fawned over in full view of other guests including young families. This happened on two afternoons, when we were there. This is fine on the public beach, there I have no problem, but not on the hotel beach front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui