Pros: Good breakfast buffet, good location, clean and fresh.
Cons: Terrible booking experience through agoda. Hotel is kind of outdated. There are so many cozy hotels in Thailand but this is not one of them. Quite expensive if you don't book through agoda.
First we booked two nights at this hotel through agoda. We booked a lake wing room but we got an ocean wing room, since the lake wing was fully booked. We were not informed about the upgrade and actually we didn't reflect on that we got the wrong room. After two nights we decided to extend our stay. We would like to stay in the same room, so we made the same booking on agoda. When we talked to the reception, it appeared to us that we had an ocean wing, and the new booking was a lake wing. We had to change room, since the ocean wing was fully booked. Anyway, I noticed that ocean wing was still available on agoda. I informed the reception about it, but later on the ocean wing was still available. At the end of our visit, we had to book one more night and would prefer to book the lake wing. The reception told us that lake wing was the only ones available, ocean wing was fully booked. We went to our room, opened agoda and saw that only ocean wing was available, lake wing was not present at all. Since lake wing, booked at the reception, had about the same price as ocean wing at agoda, I booked ocean wing at agoda. Due to agoda there was only one ocean wing left, I thought it might have been a recent cancellation. When I went back to the reception, the ocean wing was still fully booked. Instead we got the same lake wing as before. We asked for repay, they couldn't since we booked through agoda. The ocean wing costed approx 4000 baht, the lake wing 2000 baht (due to previous booking), i.e. we payed 2000 baht too much. We were offered a dinner worth 1000 bath, but we declined since we had other plans the last night on samui.
I have mailed agoda, described the case and asked how the hotel is supposed to take care of repayments, but no response.
Conclusion: this hotel problem has big problems with the availability information on agoda (I suppose that's the hotels responsibility) and they let the customer pay for their problems. As a customer I really don't care if it's agodas or the hotels fault. This is just too bad...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 93 Rooms, located in the heart of Chaweng, set beside a sandy white beach. Accommodation is split between two wings; the Lake Wing is across the road from the beach with the Ocean Wing located by the beach. Rooms have air conditioning, TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Ocean Wing rooms have a private balcony. Swimming pools, kids' playground, exercise room, sauna, pool bar and restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chaba Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaba Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel Chaba Samui
- Chaba Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng