Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 141
Hotels.comUS$ 141
eDreamsUS$ 141
travelup.comUS$ 160
3,387 results
All reviews prego thai village beach side breeze spa koh samui garden wing chaweng beach crossing the road deluxe room kids club main pool pool view buffet breakfast bars and restaurants the hustle and bustle relaxing holiday amazing hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The room:
Deluxe room 3rd floor- across the road
Nice furnishings, modern, large bathroom, comfortable bed and pillows.
The gardens were immaculate and resort was very clean and well looked after.
The beach front pool very nice and the pool across the road a lot quieter
The beach was nice but I did not want to go swimming did not look that clean, i just stuck to the pool.
Breakfast
I wasn’t too excited over the selection offered at breakfast; there always was a long wait for the egg omelette station. But I didn’t go hungry and my partner seemed to be impressed. The service at breakfast was very so -so always trying to catch the staffs attention for milk or more coffee which I found annoying while they were standing around talking to one another.
I found it very relaxing here, yes the resort is located not far from the airport and you can see the planes but it is a small island and you can hear and see the planes all over the island. I live near an airport so it didn’t really bother me.
If u don’t want to walk up three flights of stairs make sure you note this at time of booking, as I was 20 weeks pregnant I was over this by the end of the three day stay, but if u don’t mid stairs not a problem.
I would most definitely stay here again and would recommend to friends and family.

Room tip: if you dont like stairs ask for ground floor across the road nice and quite
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RockyScamm
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

Would definitely recommend this hotel. Right on the beach, free transfers to and from the hotel. Wide selection at breakfast. Staff are polite and helpful, the pools are fab. Only complaint was the wifi signal wasn't great. Also would possibly recommend getting one of their better rooms, the deluxe room is nice and comfortable but for a little more you could get something more luxurious.

Chewang beach is the place to stay. It's lively! Would recommend ark beach bar on Fridays.

4  Thank vhurhangee
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have to be honest - I didn't like Chaweng beach. We were told that that Amari was at 'the posh end of the resort', but the whole area is like Thailand-on-Sea. Too many hotels, all packed in, with their little allocated area of beach ... That said, Amari had two lovely pools and a nice bar and restaurant. We found the staff very grumpy though - particularly in the bar, we were 'a nuisance'. Breakfast was good - not excellent. Lunch? - the most fantastic sweetcorn barbecued on the beach, or better stil, pineapple freshly prepared - fabulous!! (And served by wonderfully cheery locals!! It really does make such a difference!) Dinner? Wander along the main road, turn right at the Y junction, follow the road along for 200 metres and head for the market area. The freshest, bestest seafood I have ever had! Would I return? Probably not - I just think there are nicer places in Thailand to visit.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank juliefromsurrey
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This is a good place to stay in Koh Samui if you are looking for a fancier type of place.

The resort is amazing: Very clean. Very friendly employees. The rooms are huge, beds enormous, everything is comfortable, and there are two clean and lovely pools next to which there is an abundance of lounge chairs.
The beach is also very nice. And, there is no shortage of towels for using on the lounge chairs.
Breakfast is a highlight -- one of the best I have had in resorts around the world.

There are two areas in which the hotel should improve:
First, it over-charges for every service it provides and things that it sells. For example, laundry is per item and comes out to almost $10/kg while places a few doors down do it for $1/kg. Phone calls are ridiculously expensive. Also, any tour you book here will be about 25%-30% more expensive than if booked in an agency down the road. And, a buffet dinner should not cost $30 per person! That is more than one pays in Las Vegas for an even better buffet...

Second, the front desk staff at times appears to be as thick as custard. If there is a noisy room they do nothing to help solve the problem (because they want to avoid conflict). If they don't understand what you are asking for, they just say "yes" and pretend that it will be taken care of. Maybe it would help if they were less shy and a bit more assertive.

Anyways, this is still a fabulous place to stay and I recommend it very much.

Room tip: The side away from the beach seems newer and better.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank 502Dave
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We stayed for 2 weeks in September. No point covering all the basics like location, split in two, etc as so many others have commented on that.
The room was nice and clean, although we felt we were cursed as we had to go to reception at least 5 times over the 2 weeks as our key card would stop working and had to be issued a new one every couple of days. Also, wireless was poor and kept dropping out during the day in the room and near the garden pool.
Breakfast wasn't as amazing as a lot of others have made out. Yes, there is a fair choice, but it doesn't change that much. Spending 2 weeks at the place, there was almost the exact same thing each day. I grew bored eating the same things all the time. Also, having to give our room number to the staff each day when we came for breakfast was a little baffling, especially when it was to the same waitress who had seated us the previous day. but TIT for those who know what I mean so we just accepted it.
That's about it. Most of the staff were friendly and smiling which is always nice. I probably won't go back again as it really didn't impress me that much. I think it should be rated more 3.5 to 4 stars, rather than a 5. I think I will try another hotel next time.

Date of stay: September 2012